Distance 🐙 Tom Holland

[ E P I GR A P H ]

Ever since you and Tom broke up just over four months ago, you decided that it would be best not go completely separate from each other. You both agreed you still wanted to be friends, so the plan carried out and you were living your normal lives, just across the hall from one another. However, you found yourself getting into a new relationship rather quick. You weren't madly in love, but Dylan treated you right, you loved him to an extent. However, an over meal conversation changes everything between your love interest and friendship.

[ E N J O Y ]

[ Don't Forget To Vote, Comment and Check Out My Other Imagines! ]

You smiled as you caught Dylan's eye from across the table of your shared apartment. You had been in a relationship for just over two months, and things were running smoothly. You had everything you ever wanted, that being you didn't loose Tom as a best friend when things slumped down hill. He was simply too busy, and neither of you could run a long term relationship. Both being actors, it wasn't the easiest thing to work around.

"Nice?" Dylan asked as he took another bite out of his food, you nodding in agreement. The food was delicious, and tasted even better now you were settling down from a reckless day at work. "How did filming go?"

"It was okay, hit my knee coming down out of my harness though" you giggled, remembering the little incident on set. Dylan gave a playful pout, slowly placing a kiss on his palm and rubbing your knee under the table.

"Hey, can we talk about something?" He asked, placing his fork down next to his plate. Your stomach dropped a little, swallowing your food.

"Oh no-"

"No, it's nothing bad" he chuckled. You sighed with relief, placing a hand on your chest. "It's just... I don't know how to say it"

"Just spit it out" you smiled.

"Well, hypothetically, how would you feel if I was still hanging around with my ex girlfriend, knowing that i'm in a relationship with you?" He asked, sounding serious, and you knew there would be a catch.

"Well, I know we love each other and all, but I guess I would feel a little awkward. If she was still close with you then, yeah. I would have my doubts" you shrugged, pushing your food around your plate. "What's your point?"

"I just, I don't like you hanging around with Tom. It's awkward for me knowing that even though your friends you still slept together" he bit the inside of his cheek. You shot your head to look up at him. "So, maybe you could talk to him?"

"And say what exactly?" you asked, jumping the gun slightly. Yes, you understood how he would feel, running a similar situation through your head. But you and Tom had been friends since primary school and your relationship status was not about to change that.

"I- I'm not saying you need to stop talking to him, babe! But, I-"

"I get it" you said a little calmer. "I'll talk to him" you sighed. Dylan smiled, leaning over the table and placing a gentle kiss on your head.

After dinner you settled down on the couch until Dylan finally fell asleep. Watching him snore gently, you had thoughts running through your head. If Dylan couldn't trust you around Tom, was there something wrong with the relationship? You'd been together two months, by that time you and Tom were trusting each other with credit cards, never mind previous friendships that became love interests. You got up from your seat and decided you needed a break, slipping on your shoes you grabbed your phone and headed out the door and just across the hallway.

Tom was almost asleep on the couch when you knocked on the door. Drearily he walked over and unlocked it, revealing your smiling face as the door opened.

"Hey, everything ok?" he asked, his voice deep and raspy. His curls were out ruled all over the place, sticking up in multiple directions. "Yeah, I just kinda need a break from my place" you sighed. Tom nodded, inviting you in. Although each apartment was build and regulated the same, his always seemed so much more homely and welcoming.

"You want anything to drink?" Tom asked, walking up behind you. You shook your head gently.

"Tom?"

"Yeah?"

"Can we uh- can we talk? Please?" you asked. Tom's heart skipped a beat and his mouth ran dry, trying to go over everything that he had done. Did he make you uncomfortable? Did he say something to offend you? You slipped off your shoes and sat down on the couch, Tom joining you and waiting for you to begin eagerly.

"There's uh, there's something we need to talk about" you said just above a whisper, catching Tom's eyes. They were much darker in the dim lighting of the living room, they looked so much more inviting. He swallowed hastily, his throat bobbing at the contact. "Okay" he whispered, as you roamed each other's faces with your eyes. His lips were still the lush pink colour you remember them to be, his cheeks still shared the same small freckles that came out in the summer time. You were some what questioning if you made a mistake. Your mind was telling you something, while your body had other plans.

Scooting over to him on the couch, you crashed your lips against his. Tom was about to protest, when he felt the warmth of your cheeks against his. His hand slid down and around your lower waist, bringing you over to him for closer contact. You felt like fireworks were erupting in your stomach as he moved just the once, allowing the taste of each other roam.

Pulling away, you swallowed harshly, Tom gathering his breath.

"I.. I'm sorry" you whispered quickly, lifting yourself off of him and back onto your feet, moving quickly towards the door.

"Y/N wait, where are you going?" Tom asked, following you.

"I-I'm sorry, I made a mistake" you grabbed your shoes without looking back, opening the door to his apartment and running down the hallway, tears in your eyes. Part of you wished he wouldn't follow you, but the other half was glad he did.

"Y/N stop!" he yelled, finally grabbing hold of you just before the stair well. "What was that all about?"

"I was supposed to come and tell you to stay away from me, but I can't do it-I- I can't!" you sobbed, wrapping your arms around him in a tight hug.

"Wait, why?" he asked, brushing your hair softly. You snivelled, wiping your runny nose on the back of your sleeve.

"Dylan doesn't feel comfortable with us being friends, because... You know"

"Wait how is that fair?" Tom said angrily, holding you against him. You shook your head gently.

"I can't do it Tom. I made a mistake because I'm still in love with you, and I can't let you go and i'm sorry" you let the tears slip down your cheeks. Tom pulled you off him gently.

"Maybe it's not me you have to have a talk with" he kissed your forehead gently "Because I made a mistake breaking up with you" Tom whispered, bringing your head to face him before slowly pressing his lips against your own, the savoured feeling lasting the night away.

That was horse shite. But oh wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll (requests are open :)))))))