Nightmares 🐙 Bradley Baker

Ever since Elliot left, Bradley hadn't been the same; Frequent nightmares, flashbacks and sometimes even panic attacks

Ever since Elliot left, Bradley hadn't been the same; Frequent nightmares, flashbacks and sometimes even panic attacks. They were the worst. They scared me the most. It's like he looses control over himself.

I sat on the chair next to the couch, reading a book while Bradley slept on the couch. Sometimes he didn't sleep at all, but he seemed alright when he was at my mothers house with us. He'd often come round at night when he couldn't rest.

I sat peacefully when Bradley began to fidget. A little at first, but then a lot. His breathing was frantic and small whimpers left his lips. He span over onto his back, his chest rising me falling quickly as he clutched the pillow beside him. Another panic attack.

I dropped my book quickly, racing over to him. He was sweating. "Please! No! Leave me alone!" He whined as he threw his head back and forth. I placed my hand on his wrist gently. "Bradley! It's alright, your ok!" I kneeled down beside him.

His eyes shot open almost immediately under my touch, his shirt was coated with sweat. His chest still rising quickly as he breathed heavily. He turned to look at me. "Your alright, it's ok, your safe" I reassured him. He was speechless for a while. He sat up quickly, wrapping his arms around me. I felt his heart beat against my chest as his hot breath ran down my neck.

I rubbed his back slowly, calming him. I felt him chest tighten as I bit my bottom lip gently. "It's ok" I whispered. "I've got you."
"I'm so sorry" he said a little shakily. I pulled him back, placing my hands on his shoulders. "Don't you dare apologise" I shook my head. He nodded slowly. I placed my hand on his cheek, his hand travelling up and holding it there. "I don't know what I'd do without you" He smiled. I returned one. "I don't either" I giggled.

He laughed weakly. I hugged him once more, holding my hand on the back of his head, a little damp with sweat. As he pulled back, I placed a kiss on his cheek and went to grab him a glass of water. He made me worry so much about him, and yet, he was the strongest person I knew...