P. 1 Spin Me to Split Me 🐙 Tom Holland

[ E P I G R A P H ]

Ever since you were five, you had found the love of being in the centre of a ballroom. With the sparkling chandeliers which shone even when the lights were off. You had been approved by your family all your life, and there was never a dull day. Competition after competition you were granted every time with a reward, whether it started off with medals which soon turned into trophies and names on a board. You had competed across the world, and now at the age of 22 were taking things slow, heading back to Madeleine's Master's Ballroom Dancing Boarding School to reunite with some of your old friends. There, you were surrounded by so many memories, and yet some fresh faces you were yet to discover what lay behind them.

[ E N J O Y ]

[ let me know your thoughts ]

You had arrived back at the place that held so many memories, granting you access to those moments which were locked away in the back of your mind. After leaving just under five years ago, a thought about returning to the Boarding School never crossed your mind. Since retreating, things had changed, and you were ready for that.

Before you left, the school was open to all ages, ranging from ages seven to nineteen. Now the ages had moved along and was only available for permanent use form the ages of twelve to thirty, the rules tightening down and the school now offering out lessons to the youngsters. Your heart flourished as you saw the newcomers lining up outside the large, quite intimating, oak wooden doors which then lead into the grand mansion of Madeleine's Master's. You remembered the adrenaline brought by fear back in the days when you first arrived. It was tough on your end, having not made many friends throughout the trimester that the girls got to spend together. Almost like a short boot camp for... Essentially ballerina's.

A warm smile greeted you as you stopped to look upon the newer groups, spaced out into the younger and more adult ages. You were met by the face of your old trainer, Emma Wisely. She hadn't changed a bit, and she was always your favourite, the same the other way. She was like an older sister, only being two years older than you. She had brought you on from the age of thirteen, herself being fifteen, and it was a sorrowful day when you came to leave.

"Oh my goodness, if it isn't the champion herself!" she giggled, bringing me in for a hug. You smiled with a light chuckle as your wrapped your arms around her, taking in her familiar scent, which had remained the same even over the five years you had been away. "It's so nice to see you" she smiled as she brought you back.

"Back at you, girl." you smiled before looking over at the group "So, you got this lot this year?" you gestured towards them. Emma turned her head to look over with a smile before she nodded. "Yeah, some of these kids are so talented, here let me introduce you" she took your hand, bringing you over towards them.

Firstly she brought you to a young girl, her hair was a silky blonde and her cheeks were dotted with small freckles. "This here is Jessica, she's a big fan" Emma excitedly whispered to you, grasping the attention of the small girl in front of you. You waved at her gently, a grin spreading across your face. She waved shyly, a blush appearing on her cheeks. Next, Emma lead you around a small group of girls who looked like trouble, which you loved. You were in a group like such when you were a member of the school. Their names were Emily, Amelia, Rebecca, Jamie and Paige.

After being shown around the rather large group, there was one last person to be left over. He was a taller, much older boy, well, much older than the kids. His curls were unruly and he certainly didn't look like he belonged in a ballroom. More in a sweaty gym playing basketball somewhere. Emma brought you over to him, catching his attention away from his phone.