Midnight Company 🐙 Tom Holland

I stood with a frown on my face, in the doorway of the club. My legs were bare with the torn tights barely keeping an inch or warmth on my skin and the sticky jacket was thin and worn. The fabric of the sleeves stunk of alcohol, making my stomach churn every time I got the slightest scent.

The rain battered down onto the concrete. I watched it for a few moments before deciding that I couldn't stay here all night, I had to move at some point. My house was about an hours walk and I was truly not looking forward to walking all that way.. While it was hammering it down.

I took a deep breath before ascending out into the vast waist land of fog and rain. My fingers instantly slipped from the now wet fabric and fell down to my side. I continued to attempt and keep the jacket across my bare waist but it was no use.

The wind was strong and cut at my bare legs like a kitchen knife. At times I believed I was truly bleeding. The sound of my black heels hitting the concrete was the only thing that comforted me on my walk home.

I had been walking for what seemed like an hour, but in theory had only been around five minutes. My job wasn't exactly easy as it was, but walking home at night in the rain dressed as a woman who looked like she was begging for sex wasn't exactly easy either. If you hadn't already figured it out, I worked at a night club... As a stripper. My wages at the vet clinic weren't keeping me steady and I needed a well paid job no matter what to cost.

My thoughts were cut short as a voice came out from the shadows. I turned to see a man, his brown hair sticking to his forehead and his clothes were drenched. So much, that his thin shirt clung onto his body, showing off the muscular integrity beneath it.

"Can I help you?" I asked with an unsteady voice. I was a little shaken up from previous experiences of being walked home alone. The man approached me with a gentle expression and even more gentle tone of voice.

"Well, I think the real question is can I help you? Your really walking out in this, dressed like that?" he asked, gesturing to my bare legs and torso. I looked down on myself in shame, and then even thought about what he would think of he me if he knew why I was really dressed like this.

"You know, party and all. Boyfriend ditched me" I played on a stupid fake laugh. The figure came a little closer and into the faint light's of the street, revealing a pair of dark brown eyes and light skin. He handed me the jacket he had hung loosely around his shoulders, taking the one from my own and hanging it over his arm.

"How far away is your house?" he asked, coming to stand beside me. I swallowed gently. I didn't have the audacity to trust him within me, but on the outside he was really my only other option.

"It's about a twenty minute walk" I sighed, shouting a little over the pattering rain. He nodded and gestured for me to walk on.

As we reached my house, I handed him back his jacket. He smiled as a thank you.

"I'm Tom by the way" he smiled, stepping back a little from my porch.

"Y/N" I smiled.

"Nice name"

"Thanks. Maybe I could get you something to drink, I mean you did basically just save me an hours worth of walking on my own" I shrugged, opening my front door.

"That would be nice" he shrugged, stepping up the steps to my door and following me inside. I was practically dripping I was so wet, forming a small puddle on the floor.

As we came into the light, I finally saw all of his features. He truly was something, and he truly was standing in my house.

"Tea?" I asked, slipping off my shoes and walking to the living room. Now seeing myself in full light, I wanted to hide my body as much as possible. I mean, I was practically naked and my red legs looked atrocious.

"Sure" he smiled, sitting down at the small island in my kitchen.