P.2 Stealth Suit 🐙 Peter Parker

Requested By: @Bowman12

[ R E C A P ]

"Y/N come on, your not safe here" Steve picked you up again before walking you back to the Avengers HQ.

[ E N J O Y ]

You'd been awake around an hour, waiting to go into one of the med jack rooms to be looked at, all the while your mind tracing over what had happened that night. Steve had you lie down on the couch for a while, helping the wound in your lower abdomen calm down. Although it had been over an hour, you were still bleeding, and often you would slip in and out of consciousness. Due to this, Steve had you lie your head on his lap, ensuring that when you tried to sleep, he could wake you again.

"Where's Peter?" you finally mustered up the courage to ask, Steve tracing small circles on your forehead to keep you calm. If you got too 'excited' or something were to shock you, it could cause internal damage from moving too quickly.  Any increase in heart rate could send you into shock.

"I'm not sure, kiddo, but Stark'll take good care of him" he smiled, his voice a little raspy from being sat doing nothing for so long. You nodded, brushing it off like you had many other thoughts which clouded your mind over the evening. Steve's head shot up to a door opening before his legs began to shift beneath you, making you groan as he lay your head down on one of the pillows. "I'll be back in a sec, a nurse needs some of your details" he ushered a piece of hair behind your ear before walking away. Stubbornly, you growled, pulling the piece of hair from behind your ear and placed your hands on your stomach.

"Y/N?" A voice came from your side. You rolled your head over slowly to see a beaten Peter, his eyes a little bloodshot and small black rings were growing underneath them. There was a growing bruise on the left side of his forehead, and a rather large gash coming across his lip, leading down towards his chin.  From the times in the past, you expected yourself to be happy to see Peter. You were waiting for the show of fireworks to explode in your stomach like New Years Day, when the sparks would ignite the sky, just at the sight seeing that he was alright and talking to you again. You were waiting on the butterflies to come racing to collide with your chest as he let a small smile escape onto his lips. But... All you got from emotions was a sudden fear, a sudden shock of realism. That the boy who had mistakenly tried to kill you earlier, was standing in front of you.

You flinched a little when he came towards you, rolling over onto your side in an attempt to sit up, but failing miserably as a sharp pain exploded in your lower side. Peter attended to you quickly, helping you sit before he saw the pure fear on your face, your pupils shrinking to a smaller state and the once bright flush drained from your cheeks. "Hey, you ok? I'm so sorry I-"

"Please, get away from me" you whispered, tears pricking at the brims of your eyes. Peter gave you a look of confusion, shifting on his feet making you flinch.

"Y/N i'm not gonna hurt you"

"Peter, please!" You yelled a little stronger, catching the attention of Steve who was just leaving the room where he had been called to. Peter saw Steve approaching and backed away from you slowly. Tears were flowing down your cheeks, your hand shaking violently while the other cupped your side. "Y/N what's wrong? Pete what's going on?" Steve asked, as if immediately assuming Peter had done something to you. Peter stood with a blank expression on his face as you took Steve's hand, holding it tightly.

"I... I didn't.. I don't know" Peter asked himself, looking over at you, seeing the pure fright that was laced across your face. Steve nodded in response, before turning back to you and picking you up bridle style and carrying you to the nurses room. He lay you down on the table gently, allowing the nurse to introduce herself and quietly evaluate you. While she attended to you, Steve left the room and headed back to Peter, who was stood in the same spot, looking at the indent you made on the couch.

"Hey, kid" he greeted Peter gently, gesturing for him to take a seat next to him on the couch. Peter slowly lowered himself, a lump forming in the back of his throat as he sat next to Steve. "Ok, kid, this isn't gonna be nice but you need to listen to me" Steve began, Peter nodding in response. "These next few day's are gonna be tough for the both of you, but remember that what happened tonight wasn't your fault" Steve placed a hand on Peter's shoulder, his head shooting up to look him in the eye "She's just scared at the moment. She'll get over it" he gave a reassuring smile. Peter nodded gently, trying to bring himself to believe that what Cap was saying, was true.

"When do you think she'll talk to me again?" he asked, as if out of desperation. He felt the burden on his chest already from what had happened that night. Steve looked over at the room you were in, sighing gently, before looking back to Peter.

"I honestly couldn't give you a straight answer if I wanted to. Just... Give her some time, while your doing that try and figure out what actually happened. Even Stark's baffled" he gave a light chuckle, trying to warm the stone cold tension in the room. Peter nodded a little more confidently before looking over to the room you were in, ready to sacrifice anything to make the bond you and Peter had heal again.

Part 3? Or would that be too much?