Um - Coming Back Part 2

When I am finally done with my deep thoughts, I ring the doorbell instead of just walking in.

I hear my mother walking towards the door by the sounds of the flip flops. I missed home,a lot.

She opens the door and I can see tear in her eyes when she hugs me tight, they were happy tears. I hug her back and rub her back. Then my father comes with the biggest smile on his face. He hugs me to and pats my head like how he always did.

And there came my aunt.....

"Hello my chayote!" My aunt squeals as she hugs me tighter than ever. Chayote is a vegetable type of thing that my aunt has been calling me since I was born. Don't ask why.

"Hi, I have missed you all, where is grandma and grandfather" I say as I walk in the house. Nothing has really changed, apart from some flower pots and picture frames. My dad takes my suitcase in my new bedroom while my mother and aunt make some tea.

I walk in the small living room and see my grandparents lying down not able to move. I smile and walk over to them, giving each a hug and kiss.

"You, you look...so older than before" My grandma says, her eyes watering. I try my best not to cry, and surprisingly I didn't.

"I have missed you vovô and vovó" I giving them both a hug. I have missed my family so much and I am so happy to be back home, otherwise I did wish they gave this small place a change.

"So where is Natalia" I say sitting down on the couch as my aunt sits next to me.

"She's coming soon, I think, she is out with Mark" My aunt says and my mom walks in placing a tray of tea and biscuit on the table.

"Oh" I say feeling a little disappointment. I really missed her and don't want to wait until what? Midnight. Ugh...

"So tell me everything about the exchange student thing, and the country?" She says with excitement. My aunt always loved hearing stories and gossips. My mom was the opposite, she enjoyed singing and creating stuff, than talking.

"Well it was a good experience, they were amazing people" I smile at the thought of them. They were really different to Brazilian people, but still very caring and respectful.

I really miss them, but I think being back with my family here in Brazil is a better idea. I belong to Brazil, not the U.S

After talking about everything in the U.S and the whole exchange student thing, we hear the front door open. I immediately run to the door and jump in my sisters arm like a little child.

I knew she was going to come at last. I have missed everything about her, even her annoying conversations.

"Oh my god, you look so grown up" She says pulling out of the hug and looking at me smiling. Her beautiful smile I have always missed, I don't want her to leave to the united states.

"You look old, but you still look funny" I say patting her head just like how dad does to me.

"Shut up, now let's go talk about everything" She says with excitement, ugh I don't feel like talking about U.S.

"Seriously, my jaw is going to break, I had to tell aunt my whole exchange student experience" I sigh.

"and now you are going to tell me" She says pulling me in the living room where everyone else were.

This is going to be a long night.