Will You Marry Me?

To make up for not writing a very long chapter yesterday, I'll try and make this one extra long just for you lovely people!

Also, like I said I will only be writing fridays, saturdays and sundays from now on so yeah thanks everyone for being patient with me and I'm hoping you guys are enjoying this book.

I'm certainly enjoying writing it :)

SO!

Let's go and get started then :D

***

Inlove With My Gay Best Friend

5 years later

It was a very dark night. Unfortunately, my boss doesn't particularly like me very much so she does everything she can to make me as miserable as possible. I can't quit because it's so hard trying to find a job where mine and Aaron's work don't clash otherwise we'd have to ask for a babysitter to come round and for me, I think spending as much time with my son, George is crucial.

I sighed as I parked my car outside the house. I'm certain it was past midnight so it didn't surprise me when I noticed everyone's lights were switched off.

It's been 5 years since I last saw Jay. I don't know how he's doing because he's never made an effort to talk to me but all I know is that he's in Spain. I wish he would come back to visit like what Aaron did but at the same time I don't think I could ever forgive him for leaving George and I.

I don't understand how he could possibly not feel guilty knowing that he has a son in England and has missed out on five years of his childhood. It just seems unfair how he's forgotten everything we've been through and ran away from his responsibilities.

Although I hate him, he's never left my mind. Everyday I think about him and wonder what he's doing, like if he's ate already or if he's sleeping. I'm so annoyed with myself because to this day, I am still madly inlove with him.

I unlocked the house door and realised how dark it was. I assumed George was probably already in bed sleeping as it's way past his bed time and Aaron, upstairs watching TV, waiting for me so we could watch The Vampire Diaries together.

As soon as I turned the light switch on beside the door, I was greeted by hands that wrapped around my waist.

It was Aaron.

He twirled me around to face him and he whispered in my ear before winking, 'I've got a surprise for you!'

I knew he was only being nice but I was just so tired that all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball and go to sleep. I've been up on my feet all day because my boss had so much things she wanted me to do but I followed him down to the basement anyway.

He placed his hands around my eyes so I couldn't see anything and once we were down there, he took his hands away from my face and shouted, 'SURPRISE!'

I slowly opened my eyes and realised how bright the whole room was. I never really came down to the basement just because I used to think it was pretty scary and last time I remembered it was usually very dark.

There were fairy lights that decorated the whole room and there was a sweet scent of flowers that filled it. Even the pool had lights and it gave the whole room a bright, blue glow. There were rose petals on the swimming pool that read out, 'I love you, Sam.' I was unsure how he managed to get all the petals in place but it looked so beautiful. There was music in the background, although it was a little bit too quiet for me to make out what song was playing.

Everything just looked so magical and romantic. That's one of the things I loved about Aaron. He was full of happiness and surprises. I haven't had a particular good day today but after what he did for me tonight, I can't help but feel so happy. 

He sure does know how to make a girl happy!

He whistled and George came running down the stairs with a bouquet of roses and a black, small box.

Aaron started kneeling down on one knee, 'Sammie, will you marry me?'

I'm not going to lie. It really did surprise me but I wasn't sure if it was a good surprise or a bad one. It's true I do love Aaron but only in a friend way. I know he expects way more from me but I can't return what he gives me and it makes me feel so bad.

I must've been gazing at him for at least two minutes now, trying to make my mind up.

'So?' He paused, 'Will you marry me?'

I tried to talk but no words came out. My mouth ran dry and I could feel a massive lump at the back of my throat. I wanted to say yes but at the same time, I couldn't because I know my heart only belongs to Jay. It wouldn't be fair on Aaron if I married him eventhough I didn't love him.

'Do you mind if I go out for a bit, just to think about this?' I finally said and he nodded his head.

As soon as I got out the house, I wasn't sure exactly where I was going but I just wanted to get away from Aaron for a while.

I stared up at the stars as I sat down on a nearby bench across the bus stop. I admired how bright they were eventhough they seemed so small from where I was sat. If only I was a star maybe everything wouldn't be as complicated.

It was a peaceful Thursday night with barely any cars passing by or any people having late night walks with their dogs.

Suddenly I could hear a bus coming towards my way and as soon as I saw its lights, I noticed it was stopping just across the road from where I was.

A tall, tanned guy got out the bus with suitcases and bags. It was difficult to make out who it was but as soon as he stood under the street light, I noticed a very familiar face.

JAY.

BTW: If you want the next chapter to be dedicated to you, just comment below and I'll pick someone randomly :)