Chapter Seventy Three

Payal got a text from Akash, saying to meet up with him. Since they hadn't met up in a while, he told her that he'd take her out for dinner. Payal agreed, since she thought she deserved some good treatment, especially after so long. 

By the time Payal got there, Akash had already been there. Payal was in a beautiful navy blue dress, that went up to her knees. Her hair was out, nice and flowy. When Akash saw her come in, he was mesmerized by her beauty. With each step she took, her coming closer to him, the more confidence he had building up in him. 

Akash stood up as she came near. "Hi Payal."

"Hi," she smiled. 

She sat down and then Akash sat down as well. Payal noticed how very fancy the restaurant was. She looked back at Akash, him already looking at her. 

"This place is really beautiful," she said. 

"Not as beautiful as you."

Payal blushed and looked away. "Are you saying that because you mean it, or are you trying to make it up to me for not meeting me all these days."

"I'm sorry babe, I got busy."

"So busy you couldn't meet me?"

"What can I say? I'm crooked."

Payal couldn't help but laugh, remembering the times they had in Biology, oh so many years ago. "You still remember?"

"Of course I do. You were the sexy bio nerd I had fallen in love with."

Payal blushed. 

"And now you're the woman I love."

Payal blushed even more, playing around with the glass, tracing her fingers on the rim. 

"And now I want it to be more than that."

Payal scrunched her eyebrows. 

Just then, a waiter came in. He had a plate in his hands, the top covered. He placed it down in front of Payal and left. Before Payal could even say anything to him, the waiter left. She looked at Akash to say something, but he spoke first. 

"Payal, I want you more than anything in the world. You're the one I love and the only thing I can ever think about is you. I want to see you happy, no matter what. I will do whatever it takes to make you happy. …I want you by my side forever."

Her eyes swelled up with tears. 

Akash gestured at the plate and she looked down at it and then back at him. He nodded, shutting his eyes, gesturing to open it. She did, and she was taken aback. On the plate was beautiful diamond ring, sparkling from all of the lights. She had a tear going down her cheek and she wiped it away. Akash went over to her and got to his knee, Payal turning to look at him. 

"Will you marry me," he asked. 

She nodded like crazy and Akash placed the ring into her finger on her left hand. She hugged him really tight, completely happy. 

"I love you," Payal smiled. 

Akash kissed her hair. "I love you too."

She let go and smiled at him and Akash wiped the tears away with his thumb and then kissed her. 

They had dinner and of course, they needed to celebrate. That is, their own way.

When they arrived to the building, Akash paused. Payal got confused and looked at the black Mercedes-Benz. Akash shook his head, smiling to himself. 

"Isn't that NK's car," Payal asked as she walked over to Akash's side. 

"Yup," he said, still smiling. 

"Why are you smiling?"

"Because I know that NK and Seema are upstairs." He smiled even more. "She must've said yes."

"To what?" And then she understood. "He proposed to her?"

Akash nodded. 

"Aww! He finally asked! Good thing I helped him out."

Akash smiled and then took her hand and they went upstairs and went on with hours of lovemaking. Akash was in the middle of kissing Payal, thrusting in and out of her, when the clock striked. 

"What's wrong," Payal asked, gasping for air. 

Akash smiled. "Bhai and Khushi must also be here by now."

"He proposed to her too?"

He nodded. 

"Oh my gosh! Seemz told me how he was planning on it… I can't believe he did it."

"He did. …so, where were we?"

She reached up and kissed him. "Here," she murmured on his lips. 

"Can I tell you something?"

"Hmm?"

"I like the piercing."

Payal giggled and both got lost in each others arms.

~
Three short updates to make up for one. Let's try to get this chapter, 72, and 71 at 50 stars each