Chapter Eighteen

NK and Seema arrived at a building and Seema followed behind NK as they entered the building.

"Hello Sir," the doorman said, tipping his hat.

"Hey Nigel!"

They got in the elevator and NK took out a key, inserted it in a key slot and twisted it and hit a button and then twisted it back and took out the key. Seema looked at him confused.

"Oh, that's to access the floor," NK said.

Seema was still confused but she just shook her head. The elevator continued to go up until it reached the last floor.

"The last floor is only accessible to you guys," Seema asked.

"Yeah."

The door opened and they were welcomed to the apartment. Seema's jaws dropped and she walked out of the elevator.

"This isn't an apartment. It's a friggin' penthouse," Seema shrieked.

"Same thing," NK shrugged.

Seema continued to look at the place. The penthouse was the entire floor and upstairs as well, looking modern and metallic.

"Seema," NK called out.

"Yeah?"

Seema was still stuck looking at the penthouse. His voice had snapped her out of it and she followed it. She went into the kitchen and found NK there. He gestured her to sit down and she sat on a stool.

"Want anything to eat," NK asked. "Drink?"

"I'm fine."

"Water?"

Seema nodded and he poured out some in two glasses and then he passed her a glass.

"So, ready to tutor me," he asked, sitting down in a stool beside her.

"Uh, sure."

She took out her notes from her bag. "Alright, let's start with something simple: conjugating verbs."

"Uh... huh?"

"Don't tell me - you don't know how to, do you?"

NK innocently shook his head.

"Unbelievable."

NK simply shrugged.

"Do you know your verbs?"

"...no?"

Seema shut her eyes and shook her head. "Alright then, I'll help you."

She began to teach him some verbs and helped him memorize some.

"Alright, tell me some -ar verbs," Seema said.

"Um... hablar... cantar... tocar."

"Good. Any others you might know? I'm sure some might've come flooding back in your head as we practiced."

"Uh, yeah. Um... amar?"

Seema's eyes widened and she looked at NK. He had a blank expression and she looked away and went through her notes. Truth is NK knew what that verb meant. Amar meant to love and he wanted to see the expression on her face.

"I guess that's enough for today," Seema said. "It's getting pretty late."

"Uh, sure. When do you want to meet again?"

"Um... I'm not free tomorrow... so... Sunday."

"Works with me. 2 o' clock? Here again?

"Sure."