Chapter Sixty Eight

Since the boys had found out the information they needed, they made the girls promise not to tell. So, Seema didn't know anything about what NK was planning, Payal didn't know anything about what Akash was planning, and Khushi had no clue of what Arnav was planning.

One day, Khushi, Payal, Seema, and Chutki were all hanging out in the West Wing, when their parents all of a sudden said that they were going out. They seemed suspicious, but the girls didn't say anything. Of course, Chutki later found out, since it's hard to not spill the beans to her.

The thing is, Arnav, Akash, and NK were preparing their proposals. But in order to do that, they would have to tell everyone. So the boys had planned a meeting with their family, as well as the Gupta's. They all sat in the living room, waiting for the boys. They came down eventually and everyone was curious.

"Thank you all for coming," Arnav said, taking his seat, as well as Akash and NK. "We have important matters to talk about."

"Chote, this isn't one of your business conferences," Anjali said, having some mango chutney.

Arnav frowned at her and she mocked him.

"Anyways," Akash said, "it's very, very, important."

"And what is that, Akash bitwa," Mami asked.

He gulped and NK started to get hiccups. If NK had hiccups, it meant he wanted to say something, but was under pressure and can't say anything.

"NK bhai? Do you have something you want to say," Shyam questioned.

That made him hiccup even more and Arnav and Akash groaned. They had told NK from before not to be under pressure, but clearly he wasn't listening.

"Tell me NK bhai. Tell us all," Shyam pressured.

If anything, Shyam could do anything to get words out of anyone. His lawyer skills were that good, he could make anyone spill out their words.

"Tell me Saleh Sahaab, we all want to know."

NK gulped.

"Tell us. Tell us now," he said, with a hint of anger in there.

"Alright I'll tell!"

Arnav and Akash groaned out loud. This clearly was NOT the plan. Shyam looked completely serious, but on the inside, he was patting his back for a job well done.

"Tell us," Shyam pushed on.

"I wanna ask Seema…" he didn't say the rest.

"Ask what," Shyam pressured.

Shashi and Garima got really curious.

"Ask what," Shyam pressured again.

"I… I… I wanna marry her," he blurted out.

Everyone's eyes popped out. "What," everyone exclaimed, but Arnav and Akash who were still groaning.

"That's the best news I've heard since my baby," Anjali exclaimed.

Everyone got happy and then Arnav got serious. He asked Shashi and Garima for Khushi's hand in marriage and they were more than happy. Akash and NK asked for Payal's and Seema's hand as well and they happily agreed.

All plans were discussed and laid out. Once all plans were finalized, Shashi and Garima went home. The only thing now was to get things done. Question is, who first?

"Me," NK piped up.

"What the? No," Arnav exclaimed.

"Why does it have to be you," Akash whined.

"Simple bro," NK said. "I'm always first. You know how the list goes."

"What list," Anjali asked.

"N-n-nothing."

Anjali began to smile, understanding, and NK blushed.

"Di, he can't go first," Arnav said.

"Chote, let him."

"But Di, that's not fair," Akash complained.

"Relax Saleh Sahaab," Shyam said, walking over to Anjali, "all in good time."

"Jeejaji, your lawyer talk won't help."

Anjali laughed. "Aww! Look how desperate my brother is getting," she joked.

"Di, stop laughing," Arnav said.

"Shut up Chote. Let me have my fun."

Arnav rolled his eyes.

"Anyways," Anjali said once she calmed down, "NK Bhai will be first."

"What the f- why?!"

"Because he's the youngest."

"What? That's stupid!"

"Deal with it."

"But Di-"

"No Akash."

"Di, don't be unfair," Arnav said.

"I'm not being unfair. I'm just saying what will happen."

"Jeejaji, please explain to her."

"Yes Jeejaji," Akash begged.

"Um," Shyam looked at Anjali, Arnav and Akash, NK, and then back at Anjali.

"Well," Arnav pressured.

"Um…."

Anjali gave Shyam a wicked look and he understood immediately.

"I'm with her," he finally decided.

"Oh come on Jeejaji," Arnav exclaimed. "Why?!"

Anjali just raised in eyebrow and smirked.

"Nice Di. Just nice."

"Don't forget, I'm your sister."

Arnav rolled his eyes, Akash pouted and NK smiled proudly. Shyam held Anjali around her waist and nuzzled his chin into her neck and Anjali held his hands; it was a good thing all the elders had left.

Arnav looked at the way his sister was looking at her her husband and he widened his eyes. "Why would you fall for it?!"

Anjali and Shyam scrunched their eyebrows and his brothers looked at him like he was stupid.

"What are you talking about," Anjali asked.

"Di, I can't believe you used your woman instincts on him."

Anjali just shrugged.

"Jeejaji, how could you fall for it?"

"What," Shyam asked in innocently.

"She won't do anything."

"Says who," Anjali asked, releasing herself and holding Shyam.

"Di, you're pregnant!"

"So? That doesn't mean anything."

"What? But-"

"I may be pregnant," she turned and looked at Shyam, looking at his eyes and lips, "but that doesn't change anything."

"Di, please," NK said, "you two get a room!"

Anjali grabbed Shyam's hand. "I will - my room," and she dragged Shyam upstairs.

Let's just say Shyam got lucky that night.