Chapter Twenty Three

Payal waited in the lab for Akash to come. She was getting really anxious when Akash came into the lab.

"Hey Payal."

"Hey…."

"So… shall we start?"

"Yeah, sure."

Payal got out her notes and they studied on reproduction. They began with asexual reproduction and it took a while for Akash to understand. Eventually, they got onto the topic of sexual reproduction and Akash's eyes widened.

"Um… Payal… why do you have a diagram of a penis?"

Payal's face flushed. "It's not what you think. See, the professor gave out this diagram and-"

"Payal, relax. And what do you mean it's not what I think?"

"Um… nothing."

Akash looked at her, confused. But then he shrugged it off and flipped the page of her notes, and his eyes widened again. "What in the world?!"

It was a diagram of a girls lower region and the organs.

"Yeah… let's just skip the page," Payal said, feeling uncomfortable, flipping the page. 

"What's that? An alien," Akash asked, pointing at a diagram.

"NO! You're so mean!"

"What? But I-"

"It's a baby!"

"Huh?"

Payal rolled her eyes. "Did you learn anything in bio class back in high school?"

"Uh, no… I would always cut class. And when I would go, I paid no attention."

"Then how did you pass?"

"…cheating?"

Payal rolled her eyes. "This is a baby, forming."

"Really?"

He picked up the diagram and observed it.

"Yes, really."

She took the diagram from him and sighed at the sight of the little fetus.

"What's up," Akash asked.

"Huh? Oh, nothing."

Akash was about to say something when someone dropped a flask with a chemical. They were evacuated from the room immediately, and the room was shut down.

"Great," Payal said sarcastically. "Now what?"

"Uh… how about my apartment?"

"Y-your what?"

"Apartment."

"Um… okay."

They went to the parking lot and Akash drove over to the apartment. Like Seema, Payal exclaimed how it wasn't an apartment, but a penthouse. They headed upstairs to the study and continued their study session.

"I think this was one of the most… detailed topics, ever," Akash said.

"Well reproduction is something, isn't it?"

"Hah! You could say that again."

Akash smiled and Payal smiled as well. She couldn't help but to get a weird feeling course through her.

"I'll drop you home," Akash said.

They both got up and headed out the room. In the hall, Payal kept trying to figure out what was wrong with her. She stopped walking, staying still, standing in the hallway. Akash noticed and went back to her.