Chapter Seventeen

As the week went by, Seema got nervous about Friday and Khushi was curious about Friday. While these two were losing it, Payal was perfectly fine. She had to stay late in the lab for a project they would be doing and she wanted to boost her grades higher.

On Friday, Khushi went to the gym. She looked around for Arnav, when she saw him playing. Arnav had the ball and everyone was all around him. Khushi sat down on the bleachers, waiting and watching. There was 15 seconds left on the clock and Arnav's team was two points down (they split the team in half for practice).

She saw Akash, as well as NK. Those two were also on Arnav's team. Arnav ran with the ball, and he passed it to another player, he passed it to another, who passed it to NK, who could've made a shot but got blocked, so he passed it to Akash and he passed it to Arnav, who threw the ball up. Everyone watched as the ball flew and made it through the basket.

"Yes," Arnav shouted and there was only 9.7 seconds left on the clock.

The other team passed the ball and tried to make a shot, but Arnav's team was really good at defense. The other team was desperate for points, so they threw the ball up, trying to score a three pointer.

Khushi watched, her eyes wide, pleading in her head, not wanting the ball to go in. Akash and NK watched as the ball flew over their heads and tried to jump up to knock it out, but they were too late. The ball was about to fall through the net, but Arnav jumped up and knocked the ball out of the way.

Khushi let all her breath out that she was holding onto. NK got the ball and ran with it and he passed it to Akash. He was going to make the shot, but he got blocked, so he passed it to Arnav, and Arnav dunked the ball giving them two points.

The whole team pounced on Arnav. Khushi was happy as well and was impressed by his moves. The coach told the team to go to the lockers and change and they did. Arnav was about to, when he noticed Khushi on the bleachers.

"Hey, how long you been here?"

"Long enough to see the final five points be made."

"Ah, I see."

"I must say... you're good."

"I'm the captain of the team, so I'm the best, not trying to brag or anything."

Khushi laughed. "You think you're the best, but that's only between the boys."

"Oh? And that's supposed to mean...?"

"That you're only the best between the boys."

Arnav looked at her, one eyebrow scrunched. "Are you trying to challenge me?"

"So Mr. Raizada does have brains."

Arnav turned away and smiled. He looked back at her. "Alright then... you're on. We'll use the same hoop."

Khushi nodded and got up, placing her bag down. It was a good thing she didn't wear traditional clothes today. Today she wore blue tunic that went mid-thigh and she wore black leggings underneath. Her hair was in a high ponytail, so she was perfectly fine.

Khushi went over to the rack, filled with basketballs. She picked one up and began to dribble it as she walked over to Arnav.

"You ready Raizada?" 

Khushi was still dribbling the ball and Arnav looked at her and smirked.

He stole the ball away from her and dribbled it. "Ready."

Khushi smiled an evil grin. She stole the ball back from Arnav and held it. "Let's go."

Khushi turned and dribbled the ball, Arnav trying to get the ball out of her hands. He managed to get in front of her and she turned, facing her back to him. She faked a right and a left and then went right and threw the ball up, the ball swooshing through the net.