Chapter Fifty Seven

When Khushi got to work, she didn't see Arnav there. Her eyes wandered at his room but no dice. Eventually Arnav came and Khushi was talking to Lavanya while walking to her room. He looked right at her, a gleam in his eyes, and Khushi faintly smiled. Lavanya had noticed the exchange and when Arnav went up to his room, she pulled Khushi into her's. 

"La, what are you doing?"

Lavanya made Khushi sit in her seat and she placed her hands on her hips. "I saw that."

"Saw what," Khushi played. 

"Chamkili, there's no point in hiding. I have eyes you know!"

"…oh alright, fine! You saw right."

"Eep! I knew it!"

Lavanya jumped up and down like a little girl, clapping. "I can't believe it! First Aman and I and now you and him!"

Khushi smiled and she was happy. Exceptionally happy. The problems of her sisters were over and Payal was with Akash and Seema was with NK. Lavanya finally got her crush Aman, and now she had the one she loves: her Arnav. 

*~*

Lunchtime came sooner rather than later and Khushi was getting her salad out from the refrigerator, when Arnav came in. Khushi turned around and almost bumped into Arnav. 

"Whoa, hey," Arnav said, moving out of the way. 

"Sorry!"

"It's okay. Let's go."

"Let's go where?"

"Where else?"

Arnav took her hand and they went up to his room. He had Khushi sit across him and he sat down in his seat. 

"But-"

"Khushi, relax. We're just eating."

"I know, but you're my boss-"

"Slash boyfriend."

Khushi just looked at him and sighed. He really knew how to get to her. She just shook her head and then they both began to eat. 

"Oh no," Khushi exclaimed. "I left La alone!"

"Don't worry, she's with Aman."

"How do you know?"

"Aman's my friend, of course I know. We're best pals."

"Really? Wow."

"What? I can't have friends," he teased.

"Before you had people stalking you to be your friend. Then you go over to the other side of the world and end up on cameras, people begging to be at your side."

Khushi had done her research an found out that Arnav had made it big time out in the U.S. He was all over the Internet, him and his brothers. 

"You sure know a lot about me, even though I never told you anything," Arnav said. 

Khushi blushed. "Well… I did my homework."

Arnav shook his head. "You'll always be a geek."

"Excuse me? I'm not the one who owns a business and can't do math!"

Arnav rolled his eyes with a grin and continued to eat. Eventually their break was over and everyone went back to work. The day went on and soon it was time to go home. Aman was dropping Lavanya home and NK and Seema were working on the topics for the meeting they would be having with the Spain party at the end of the week. Khushi waited till Arnav was ready to go and when he was, he picked her up and they walked to the parking lot together. 

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you something," Arnav said.

They were standing right next to Khushi's car. 

"What," Khushi asked. 

"Three weeks from now, we have to go out of state for a convention."

"What kind if convention?"

"Business related. There's gonna be a lot of business people there."

"Ugh, ew."

Arnav rolled his eyes. "We'll be staying in a hotel. I'm pretty sure NK has told Seema already."

"They're going too?"

"Well NK is co-owner too. As well as Akash."

"Is Payal going?"

"That's the problem. You're gonna have to make some excuse for her to go."

"No prob. Anything else?"

"Yeah," and Arnav leaned in and kissed her. 

The two kissed for a moment and then split. 

"I'll see you tomorrow," Arnav whispered.

Khushi nodded her head. 

Khushi was about to unlock her car, when she heard NK and Seema. The two were laughing hysterically about who knows what and Seema went leaning against the wall and NK went in front of her and the two calmed down. NK held her by her waist and leaned in to kiss her and she clutched onto his shirt. 

"I love you," Seema whispered. 

"I love you too, babe," NK whispered back. 

Khushi was happy to see her sister happy again. She had seen how down her sister was the for past five years and now she was happy again. She had that special thing in her smile back, all thanks to NK. 

Khushi drove home and saw Payal in Akash's car, them waiting outside the gates of Gupta Mansion. Akash and her were making out and when they let go, there was a smile running across Payal's face.

Khushi was glad to see her sister happy. Payal had suffered enough in her life and she deserved to be happy. Now she was smiling again and she was happy. 

Khushi was happy that Payal, Seema, and herself were all now happy. Happy in the arms of the man they love.

~
I know, it's short, so go on ahead to the next chapter ➡️