Chapter Thirty Nine

The day was over and the Gupta sisters went home. Seema still seemed a bit down and Khushi felt bad. 

"I shouldn't have said anything," Khushi said to Payal. 

Khushi and Payal were in Payal's room, talking, while Seema worked. 

"Yeah…."

Payal looked away and Khushi noticed a look on her face. 

"What's wrong Payal?"

"Nothing, it's… it's just that… why is this happening to us?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean… for almost five years, we've been living just fine, and all of a sudden they…." Payal began to tear up.

"Hush, don't cry."

"I'm not. I'm not going to cry for a guy who thought I was cheating on him."

Khushi patted her back and remembered that day, and then remembered her argument with Arnav. Payal looked at Khushi and placed a hand on her shoulder. 

"Jiji… you shouldn't have yelled at Arnav like that."

"How could I not? Because of him, his brothers have ruined my sisters' lives."

"You don't-"

"Payal, I'd prefer not to talk about it."

Payal nodded and Khushi got up and left to her room. She changed out of her clothes and got straight into her pjs. She sat in bed, doing her work, when Arnav came to her mind. 

Why can't I stop thinking about you, Arnav? Why do you keep coming to my mind every single moment? I can't let this keep happening. Not after what you've done to my sisters. …but why can't I ever look at you with hate? Why do I always gaze at you? 

Khushi shook her head and went back to her work. She completed it and then went to bed. Khushi once again had trouble sleeping that night and she deny like it at all. Eventually she fell asleep, but even her dreams troubled her. 

Everything was a blur at first and then things began to clear up. Khushi didn't recognize it at first and then realized she was at Raizada mansion. 

"What am I doing here," Khushi asked aloud. 

"What do you think?"

Khushi sighed, recognizing the voice. She turned. "It's you again, well, other-me that is."

"Correct," as another version of her came forward.

"What is it this time," Khushi huffed.

"You tell me. You're the one dreaming. Remember, I'm just your conscious."

"Oh shut it you!"

Khushi turned and looked around. No one was home, the place entirely empty. 

"Where is everyone," Khushi asked. 

"I don't know," other-Khushi said. "Let's check out upstairs."

"What? But that's rude-"

"Girl, you're dreaming."

"Right."

The two headed up and looked around. There was no one around and Khushi stopped in front of Arnav's door. Unlike all of the other doors, this was the only one that was closed. Curious, Khushi opened up the doors and looked inside. She didn't see anyone so she stepped in. 

Khushi looked around the room when she saw Arnav standing by the poolside. She froze, her breathing pacing up and her heart as well. Other-Khushi turned and saw Arnav. 

"Arnav…."

Arnav turned around and looked at them. 

Khushi began to get really nervous. She didn't know what to say or what to do. Before she could even think it through, other-Khushi began to go towards Arnav. 

"What are you doing," Khushi asked. 

Other-Khushi paid no attention and continued forward to Arnav. Arnav held his hand out and took her's in his and pulled her in. Other-Khushi blushed and Arnav placed a kiss on her cheek. She turned and looked at Arnav a bit and then they slowly leaned in and kissed. 

Khushi's jaw dropped and she felt a pang in her chest. Their kiss deepened and they were going crazy, pulling at each other's clothes. 

"Enough," Khushi yelled, and she woke up. 

Khushi took in deep breaths as she sat up. She drank a glass of water and sighed. "What is going on with me?"

*~*

Just like that, it was the end of the week, and Akash had to go to a meeting. He had to meet up with Ms. Khanna, a business partner of theirs. When he arrived to the meeting, he saw that Ms. Khanna seemed a bit off. 

"Ms. Khanna, are you okay," Akash asked. 

"I'm having pain," she said. 

"What do you want me to do?"

"Please… please help me to the hospital."

Akash helped her to his car and they drove of to City Hospital. He quickly got her in and Ms. Khanna let go of him and headed in to a doctor's office.

"Dr. Gupta!"

Payal turned around and saw Akash and Ms. Khanna. 

"Kamini? What are you doing here," Payal asked going over to Ms. Khanna.

"I-I'm having pain."

"Come with me. Let's check if the baby is okay."

Payal took Kamini in and Akash waited for them finish. Payal soon came out after a while and sat down at her desk and Akash sat down across her. 

"How is she," Akash asked. 

Payal didn't want to sat anything but she had no choice. She had to put her personal emotions aside and be professional, and focus on her job. 

"She's-"

Ms. Khanna came in and sat down. "How's my baby?"

"The baby is fine, nothing is wrong. You on the other hand, Kamini, are not. How many times have I told you to hold off work?"

"A lot, I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize to me, but to your baby. Kamini, if you really want this baby then you have to listen to what I say. And not just for your baby but your boyfriend too."

Kamini looked down at her tummy and rubbed it. 

Payal turned to Akash. "Please tell your girlfriend to take care of herself."

"What," Kamini said. "He's not my boyfriend. My boyfriend is coming back next week. And oh! Were getting married very soon."

What, Payal thought. But I thought…. 

She looked at Akash, who had no expression on his face. Payal just looked at Kamini and scheduled her next appointment, and her and Akash stood up to leave. 

Once they were out the door, Payal sat back in her chair. 

Five years… its been five years since I've seen him. … why? Why did you have to come back?

~
Girl, life plays with us in so many ways, it just fucking sucks
30 stars for the next one