CHAPTER 20: Welcome To Liberty Mall

Izzy was the first one to wake up. He got up and went to the top of the lighthouse and looked over at the ocean. It was drizzling with a slight breeze and the waves were crashing on the rocks. He looked out and thought, will they ever get to D.C. and save the world? Bob walked up behind Izzy and had a conversation with him.

Their conversation:

Bob: "Are you okay Izzy?"

Izzy: "I guess, I mean I just feel like I'm different."

Bob: "What do you mean?

Izzy: "I'm the youngest in the group and like they treat me like a kid."

Bob: "Don't say that. They're just protecting you."

Izzy: "But still, I can't go and fight zombie because I need to learn how to you a shotgun."

Bob: "That's what they said?"

Izzy: "Yeah, and I lost all my weapons so I'm weapon less."

Bob: "I have a crafting bench downstairs with weapons."

Izzy: "Really. At first I didn't kill that much and I was nice. But now I know everything and now I know what's really going on and I'm sick if being the nice young boy. We are getting to D.C. one way or another."

Bob: "I understand how you're feeling. Come on let's go to the basement."

Izzy: "Thanks Bob."

End of conversation.

Izzy followed Bob down to the bottom of the lighthouse. Izzy entered the room and saw so many weapons. "Have fun." Bob said grinning. Bob shut the door and walked upstairs. "Where do I start!" Izzy said laughing. He went over to the gear. He took a gun belt and a dagger holder. He walked over to the melee weapons. He took a dagger and a katana. "Perfect." Izzy said. He walked over to the guns. He picked up duel pistols. "This is nice." he said. He put the two pistols in the two side pockets of the gun belt, he put the katana on his back and he out the dagger in his boot. He walked over to the crafting bench. He saw duck tape, air horns, and grenades. He taped the grenade to the air horn. "Perfect when I push the air horn it stays on, then I pull the grenade and throw it, the zombies will get attracted to the noise and they'll explode!" he said. He made four, then he took two Molotov's and a lighter. He out them all on his gun belt and went upstairs to meet the others. He walked in the room and looked at them. "You guys ready?" he said. They all replied "let's go!" "Wait! Me and Angelise would like to come." Bob said. Angelise replied "dad! We can't just leave. Mom just died.." "We have too! Now get your stuff." he said. Angelise got all her stuff and said "ready."

They all walked out the lighthouse into the beach. The sky was grey and it was still drizzling. It was breezy and quiet. They walked down Lighthouse Avenue. "How far is this mall?" David said. Angelise replied "3 blocks." They walked and walked and walked. They turned onto Liberty Street. They saw a sign that said You Are Now Approaching Liberty Mall. They walked into the parking lot. "The entrance is on the other side of the mall! Let's go!" Bob yelled. They all ran down the parking lot. Zombies were running at them. They shot their way through the horde. Izzy sliced through with his katana. "I see the entrance!" Izzy screamed. They all ran inside the doors. They shut down the shutters and blocked the doors. "No, please no, please leave me, no." Angelise said. They turned around and saw her bite mark. "She's bit." Anna said. Angelise ran away into the mall. "Sweetie pie! Come back." Bob yelled. They all walked into the giant deserted mall. They walked towards the elevator. "There has to be a chopper on the roof. Let's go." Claire said. "Shit! Get to the elevator!" Tony said. Zombies came racing towards them. Izzy took out his homemade grenade and threw it. Everyone blocked their ears as the elevator doors shut and the zombies ran towards the bomb. BOOM! "Damn Izzy, thank god for whatever that was." Raven said. Everyone laughed. They all got to the roof and looked around. "Mike there's a radio in here, try and contact someone." Sara said.

5 minutes later Mike came out and said "a chopper it's on it's way." 10 minutes passed and the chopper landed on the roof. "Hello guys I'm the leader if this and this is my crew." A guys said. The chopper was huge it could fit about 45 people and there was 45 people in the crew but no one worried. "You guys get some rest and we'll leave at dawn." A young sweet girl said. They all set up the tents and everyone went to bed. At 4:00 in the morning Mike tiptoed to the chopper.

5 minutes later the young sweet girl tiptoed to Izzy's tent... with a knife ...

TO BE CONTINUED