CHAPTER 51: The Escape

The gang walked silently through the long wide hall. They were all split. Izzy was by himself, Mariah and Adrianna were helping Danni, Alicia, Jay and Natalie were walking together, Layla by herself, and Claire by herself. "Guys wait!" Mariah said. "Danni can't walk anymore, we gave her morphine and circulated it, but nothing helped." Adrianna replied. "I got her." Izzy said. He walked over to her and put her on his back. "Better?" He asked. She nodded. They continued walking until they reached a sealed door. "Layla help." Claire said. Layla walked over. They both pushed the door open. Everyone walked through and continued walking. Everyone was devastated. They walked for awhile and reached the exit. It was open. Claire looked at her watch. They had a half hour to get to the plane and escape before everything blew. "Let's go, times ticking." Claire said. They all walked out and walked up the spiral ramp upwards. They exited the ruins towards the plane. It was very sunny. Everyone covered their eyes. "It feels like I haven't seem the sun in forever." Alicia said. Everyone entered the plane. Izzy sat Danni down on the plane seat. He started to walk away but she grabbed his arm. "Thank you." She said softly. Then she pulled him closer and kissed him on the cheek. He moved back a little. She smiled at him. He smiled back but it was a half smile. Claire shut the airplane door and Jay started up the plane.

The plane lifted off. "I'm sorry I brought you all into this mess." Claire said. "Its not your fault." Izzy replied. "Yeah. It was Herta and Janeé's fault, but we dealt with them and now they're not gonna be bothering us anymore." Layla said. Claire looked at her watch. 5 minutes until meltdown. Everyone sighed. Izzy walked over to Danni. "How's your leg?" He asked. "Its better, but it still hurts like hell." She replied. Everyone laughed. It was the first time they did in awhile. "Izzy, you're gonna make a good boyfriend, why haven't you've been looking?" She said. He raised an eyebrow. "I'm not worried about that, I'm worried about keeping you all safe." He replied. Everyone smiled. Claire's watch beeped. "Meltdown in 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1. Meltdown complete." Her watch said. "It's over." Adrianna said. They all sat there silently for the entire ride.

The plane landed. They all ran out and got into the army truck and they raced home. They pulled into the driveway and they jumped out of the truck. Claire opened the door and they raced inside. They saw Leah sitting on the floor crying covered in blood with Alyssa. There were dead men all over and Paola laid in blood. Claire glanced over and saw Dash's dead body. She screamed horrified. She dropped everything and ran to him. She laid there crying on top of him. Izzy walked over to Leah and Alyssa. Leah lifted her head up and then Alyssa. They all walked inside and comforted eachother. They cleaned up and life slowly went back to normal.

TO BE CONTINUED

| The Dead Rising |On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara