CHAPTER 57: Secrets

"Let's go, we need to find shelter. This storm is getting worse." Claire spoke.

Layla closed her diary and the others got up from sitting down. Layla looked at Izzy and turned back. Leon stared at Layla. As they were walking Leon grabbed Layla and pulled her behind.

"I saw that." He spoke quietly.

"Saw what?" Layla said nervously.

"You have feelings for Izzy don't you." Leon said smiling.

"I don't know what you're talking about!" Layla said defensive.

She started to walk away and Leon grabbed her arm. He stared into Layla's eyes.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about." He spoke softly.

"I don't." She replied.

Leon grabbed Layla's face and leaned in for a kiss. Their lips pressed together and thunder roared in the back. Layla backed away slowly. Layla looked at Leon, then turned and ran away.

"Layla wait!" He said.

Layla and Leon caught up with the group. The wind blew rapidly. They continued to walk and suddenly Izzy stopped.

"You know what?" Izzy said.

"What?" Claire said.

"This is all your fault Claire. ITS YOUR FAULT BEKA IS DEAD, ITS YOUR FAULT MARIAH IS GONE. ITS ALL YOUR FAULT." Izzy yelled.

"Izzy calm down." Adrianna said.

"No, I'm not gonna calm down. It all her fault!" Izzy said.

"No it's not, don't blame it on her." Leah said.

"Why did we all have to come on this dumb ass trip then? Why? We all hated each other. We didn't need it. What the fuck is the reason Claire!" Izzy screamed.

"I had to tell you all something! It was very important!" Claire yelled.

"What the hell could be so important!" Izzy yelled back.

"I HAVE CANCER!" Claire screamed.

Izzy stared at Claire. His eyes started to water and a tear fell. Everyone stood quiet.

"Babe." Leon said.

"No. Leon." Claire said.

"Claire.. I'm sorry." Izzy said wiping his tears.

"Doctor said he doesn't know how much time I have left." Claire spoke softly.

"Claire. No. Please." Leah said.

PHEWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

Giant fighter jets flew by. 8 of them one after another. Everyone looked up.

"No time moaning around. It's time to fight to get off this island." Claire said.

They continued to walk but Izzy stayed behind.

"Izz you coming?" Jake asked.

"I'll catch up soon." Izzy said.

"Mind if I stay?" Lana asked.

"I guess, but I'd prefer to be alone." Izzy said.

"We'll I'm here. You need comfort." Lana said.

"I don't need any comfort. Just go." Izzy said.

"Izzy look. I know you're not doing so good right now. But these people need you. You can't let them down." Lana said..

"They don't need me." He replied.

"But I do." Lana said.

Lana put her hand on his shoulder.