chapter 17: happy

Začať od začiatku

She got into the bedroom and saw Shawn asleep on the bed. She was able to change into more comfortable clothes without Shawn stirring. Though he sensed her get into bed which caused him to open his eyes.

"Crys?" His voice was deep from sleep.

"I'm here. Sorry to wake you. Go back to sleep." She said nuzzling onto his chest. He wrapped an arm around her and kissed her forehead.

The next morning, when Shawn got up to get ready for rehearsals yet again Crystal woke up because he had dropped a pan in the kitchen.

Crystal made her way to the source of noise with sleepy eyes and her hair a mess from moving around in bed.

"Sorry." Shawn whispered when he realized he had woken her up.

"It's alright. I wanted to get up to go to rehearsals with you today. Can I come?" She asked plopping on the couch.

"Of course! Want eggs, hun?" He asked Crystal who laid in the couch with her eyes closed.

"You mean the only thing you can make? Sure."

"Be nice!" Shawn scolded but they both laughed.

"I didn't see you at all yesterday." Crystal said.

"I know. I fell asleep waiting for you."

"Im sorry. Work will be less crazy when they release the first episode. I promise."

"No worries, Crys. I understand." Shawn answered beginning to make the eggs.

"What are you working on in the studio today?" Said Crystal.

"Just figuring out a setlist. We came up with a few ideas for a new song."

"Yeah? Sounds exciting. Will you let me hear some of the things you're working on?"

"Yeah. I'd love to."

*

"Is she asleep? I think she fell asleep, Shawn." Teddy, one of Shawn's good friends and song writers, went to call Crystal because Shawn had asked for her.

Shawn came out of the recording booth himself to check on his girlfriend. Sure enough, she was curled up like a ball in a couch in a corner looking very cold and uncomfortable.

"Aww. She must've been exhausted." Teddy commented.

Shawn went to grab a blanket that they kept in the studio. He draped the blanket over her.

"Did I fall asleep? Im sorry. I just need some more coffee." She tried to appear awake and sat up on the couch.

"You can sleep, Crystal. I know you're tired." Shawn was content to have her in the studio even if she were asleep. He just liked having her close.

"No. I want to hear your new songs. I'll just grab some coffee and I'll be fine." She insisted like the stubborn girl she is.

Shawn examined her face seeing the tiredness in the dark bags under her eyes. He knew she would insist that she'll be fine so he didn't see a point in trying to convince her otherwise. "Okay. I'll grab you coffee." He kissed her forehead.

He came back not only with a mug of steaming coffee but also a guitar and journal.

He handed her the mug and sat down beside her on the couch. Crystal leaned her back on the arm rest of the couch turning her body fully to Shawn.

No words had to be said. Their eyes connected for a moment thats sent a small blush to Shawn's cheeks. Her eyes looked pretty. He looked down on his guitar and began singing.