chapter 8: free fallin'

free fallin' - john mayer

I wanna glide down, over Mulholland
Wanna write her, her name in the sky
I wanna free fall out into nothin
Oh, I'm gonna leave this, this world for a while
Now I'm free
Free fallin, fallin

Little by little people began to head home after midnight until it was just Shawn and Crystal. They were picking up littered bottles and cups and sweeping glitter off the floor. 

"So when do you start filming?" Shawn asked continuing to put away cups in a trash bag. He thought that it must be a little late for Crystal to head home so he glanced at the clock on the oven. 1:48am it read. 

"If it snows tomorrow, I think we'll have to start by then." said Crystal sweeping glitter by the kitchen.

"Hey, you didn't have to help me clean you know. You should've headed home earlier. Its a little late now. Here, I'll drive you so you can rest before you have to film." Shawn offered but he realized he was a little tipsy. 

Crystal realized this too and gave him a look. "Mendes, you are tipsy. I'll be fine." She stopped sweeping. "Wow. Now that I've said that out loud I think I am a little tipsy myself." 

Shawn laughed. "You can stay in here. I'll sleep on the couch. Here, let me get you some clothes." He said and before Crystal could say anything he disappeared in his bedroom, reappeared with neatly folded sweatshirt and sweatpants in his hands. With a big smile on his face.

Maybe he's a little more than tipsy. Crystal thought but smiled at the guy. "Its okay, Shawn. I'll drink some water and I'll be good." She said shyly scratching her neck.

"Crys, you can stay here. I could use some company?" Shawn tried to persuade her. He walked over to her gave her his sweatshirt and sweatpants and pushed her in the bathroom to change.

Crystal couldn't help a smile as she pulled on Shawn's clothes that were as expected big on her and smelled like him. When she emerged from the bathroom she had showered, removed her makeup, brushed her teeth, and had her hair pulled up in a messy bun. The condo was no longer littered with cups and glitter on the floor. Shawn was on the couch. He, as well in sweatpants and a sweatshirt as he sat on the couch watching Harry Potter, fighting sleep. 

Crystal went to sit next to him on the couch. She covered herself with the blanket and rested her head on Shawn's shoulder. "Mmm, you smell like me." said Shawn and opened his eyes.

"I showered. Hope you don't mind." Crystal looked up to Shawn to find him already looking at her with tired eyes. 

Shawn hummed, dipped his head down to grab Crystal's jaw and kissed her for the second time of the night. It was short and sweet and caused both them to smile when they pulled away. He pulled her closer in a cuddle as they continued to watch tv until they both fell asleep out of exhaustion.

 *

Crystal and Shawn awoke hungover. Shawn a little more hungover than Crystal. He groaned and pinched the bridge of his nose as he felt the after-events of last nights' drinking. Crystal who did not have it as bad, patted his leg and got up the couch to get him some medicine. She remembered she saw some Advil in the cupboard in the bathroom and went to grab those. 

As Shawn swallowed the Advil, Crystal gave him, he smiled at her with his eyes still closed. "Good morning." 

"Good morning, you." 

Shortly, the Advil kicked in and Shawn got up to make breakfast. Then he realized he was not very good at that so Crystal had to step in the kitchen.