chapter 4: interviews

gorgeous - taylor swift

You're so gorgeous
I can't say anything to your face
'Cause look at your face
And I'm so furious
At you for making me feel this way
But, what can I say?
You're gorgeous

Shawn Mendes

He has been home for a few days. In his days off his family came to visit him at his apartment and he told his sister and mother about Crystal Paige, like promised.

He hadn't stopped thinking about her, a little worried why she seemed like she was about to cry before they parted a few days ago. They had also been texting a lot. Talking about music and tv shows the other should watch.

Today, he is headed to a late night talk show shoot where he will be interviewed.

He had to say a quick goodbye text to Crystal when his car arrived at the studio where the filming will take place.

It wasn't long until it was time to step in front of the recording cameras. As Shawn entered the frame, the crowd cheered and Shawn gave them a wave and a smile.

"Hey guys!" He said as he sat on the couch.

"Shawn Mendes, always a pleasure to have you!" The interviewer's name was Nick Richards.

"Thank you for having me!" Shawn said.

"Okay, lets talk about your album. Tell us about it."

"Yeah! It's coming out this month! Super nervous about it because, I think this album is very personal to me and I'm very proud of this album." Shawn answered with enthusiasm. "I've let some of my friends listen to it and they absolutely love it so I hope my fans do too."

"And, you didn't have a date for the Met Gala right?"

"Yes. Thats okay though. Its my first Met too."

"Okay, we have to ask. Everyone saw you and Crystal Paige at the Met. Tell us about that."

"There's really not much too it. I saw her struggling and I came and helped. I didn't even know it was Crystal Paige until I looked up. I think I even froze when I saw its her. She also showed me around New York and I let her listen to my album."

"Did she like it?"

"Yes she did. Im so glad she liked it too. And we're good friends now."

The interview ended but he had to rush to another interview. This one being a radio interview not too far from where he is now.

Crystal Paige

As if timed perfectly, Crystal was driving and listening to the radio. She was only out to get groceries to cook later then she heard a familiar name at the radio. Her best friend, Adelaide, was seated on her passenger seat preoccupied by her phone. Adelaide wasn't famous. She was friends with Crystal since high school and they would always hung out when she's home in New York.

"Alright, today, we have Shawn Mendes on the radio. How are you Shawn?" The radio guy asks.

"Im good! Thanks for asking. How are you?" Shawn's voice replied. Crystal smiled at his genuine kindness to everyone.

"Good!.." They talked a little bit about his album as expected until she heard her name.

"So Shawn, tell us about Crystal Paige."

"Of course. Well, I met her for the first time at the Met Ball, kind of like by accident. I sent her my album and we kind of became friends after that. She's honestly amazing and so kind."

"I don't know if you remember but the last time you were here, you were 15 and you said that your celebrity crush was Crystal Paige."

Crystal blushed, eyes grew slightly. Adelaide couldn't help but notice Crystal tighten her grip at the steering wheel.

"Crystal is this the Shawn you were talking about?" Addy smirked from the passenger seat. Crystal grew tomato red. Addy found it so amusing that she just had to film it for Instagram.

"Maybe." Crystal trailed off still blushing with a shy smile.

Shawn was laughing in the radio

"I totally forgot about that! Well, can you blame me? She's absolutely breathtaking. Especially in real life." Shawn laughed.

Crystal didn't expect him to say that at all. She was so taken aback, she jumped a little bit and pressed hard on the honk of the car.

"Oh my gosh! Im so sorry!" She yelled in panic even thought the other driver probably didn't hear her.

Addy was cracking up in the passenger seat. She caught the whole thing on camera, and in a few seconds it was up on instagram.

*

Shawn Mendes

After the interviews, Shawn was back at his condo yet again. He was watching a movie and just relaxing before getting ready for bed in a bit.

He glanced at his phone for a second but Crystal Paige's name caught his attention. It wasn't a text from her or anything, they were notifications.

He clicked on the familiar twitter app and was immediately greeted by a rush of notifications, some mentioned Crystal on it.

He clicked on one of the tweets that included the same video everyone was posting about. It was of Crystal in her car driving. She suddenly jumped and pressed on the honk. When Shawn
went to turn up the volume of the video he heard his voice during the interview saying that Crystal Paige was absolutely breathtaking.

He felt the heat rise to his face when he realized what people where freaking out about.

She was listening to it. Shawn said to himself. He was embarrassed like a kid who embarrassed himself in front of his middle school crush but he couldn't stop thinking about how Crystal reacted.