chapter 5: special guest

there's nothing holding me back - shawn mendes

I wanna follow where she goes
I think about her and she knows it
I wanna let her take control
'Cause everytime that she gets close, yeah

She pulls me in enough to keep me guessing
And maybe I should stop and start confessing

toronto city

Shawn was playing for Toronto tonight. Crystal was in town. She knew he would be playing and they hadn't seen each other in a few months though they had been texting a lot.

One thing the world didn't know about Crystal Paige was that she absolutely loves surprises. She loved being surprised and to surprise. So she never told Shawn, that she was in town or that she would be at the festival show tonight.

And so soon enough the show was over. Crystal made sure to sneak back stage before Shawn got off stage.

Shawn was talking to his people, some congratulating him on a good show. Crystal was behind him when he pulled out his phone and began typing.

Crystal's phone beeped rather loudly which caused the boy to turn around to the sound with a curious face. "Have you become one of those screenagers." Crystal tried to joke but Shawn was too surprised to tease her for making such a horrible joke.

"Crys, what are you doing here?!" Shawn beamed stepping toward the actress and pulling her in a hug.

"Surprise?" She said laughing, still engulfed in his hug.

"Please tell me you're going to be in Canada for awhile?" Shawn said hopefully.

"Well, Im shooting a show in Toronto so I'll be here for maybe a month or two. I just came to town to see you play. You did great!"

"Well what are you doing still standing there?! Come meet my family!" Shawn said grabbing her hand and pulling her towards the exit with the biggest smile on his face.

*

Shawn and Crystal drove to Pickering in Shawn's car with her luggage at the back since she literally just got off a plane and went straight to the show.

They practically cut each other off while they talked in the car. Each were overly excited to tell their own story. Soon they pulled into Shawn's childhood home.

"Come come! They're going to be so surprised! I wasn't going to come home 'til tomorrow." Said Shawn as he raced to the front porch and rang the doorbell.

Somebody unfamiliar to Crystal opened the door but she stayed hidden behind Shawn so the person couldn't see her.

"Honey! I thought you weren't going to be home 'til tomorrow?!" Shawn's mom, Karen beamed pulling Shawn in a warm hug.