chapter 24: crush

diana - one direction

The front pages are your pictures
They make you look so smart
How could someone not miss you at all?
~

It had just been a long tiring day for Shawn. He was in his hotel relaxing as he had just got back from a show. He was not quite in the mood to go to sleep yet so he reached for his phone. He lay on the bed as he scrolled through his contacts, trying t find her name. Just when he was about to tap on her name to call her, he remembered he should check her time.

His phone told him that it was about 3am in Toronto right now. Crystal would be sleeping or about to get up for work. He sighed knowing he can't call her again. He shot her a quick text instead:

S: hey, im sorry I just got this time to call you but I figured you'd be asleep. how is work going? i promise to find time to call you soon. i miss you.

He swapped his phone for the remote and turned on the TV. Seeing that he was in the Netherlands, the shows were in Dutch and he had no clue as to what they were saying. Luckily there was Netflix.

He opened it up on the screen and it instantly began playing a trailer of a new show.

"Starring Aiden Butler and Crystal Paige... Netflix Originals presents..."  the narration began and he was automatically enthralled.

A short trailer of Heroine plays and announces that the first episode had just aired earlier today.

"Crap! How could I forget it airs today!?" Shawn told himself and hurriedly grabbed his phone again. He sent her a short clip of him watching the show and telling her congratulations even though he hasn't see it yet.

Shawn found himself missing Crystal even more as he watched the show. He remembers watching them film some of the scenes that he had just watched.

Even as the episode finished and an hour has passed, he was still watching cast interviews just because he missed seeing her smile. He was just watching an interview of just Aiden and Crystal playing truth or dare.

"Crystal,  truth or dare?"  Aiden asked her. The actors sat on a couch and would pick out either a truth or a dare written on pieces of paper that were in jars.

"Let's start of with a truth." Crystal answered.

Aiden fished a piece of paper in the bowl labeled TRUTH and read it. "Have you ever been in love?"

"Can't say I have!"

"Really?"

"Nope! Your turn then."

"Okay I'll go with truth as well."  Aiden answered.

"Aiden, who is your celebrity crush?"  Crystal read the piece of paper to Aiden and waited for him to answer.

"Well I would have to say, you are my celebrity crush." Aiden flirtatiously answers.

Shawn felt his stomach jerk. He couldn't tell if he was genuinely flirting with her or just saying it for the chemistry of their characters or some other stupid excuse. But then again he also met Aiden, and he could honestly say he was quite the flirty guy.

He continued to watch intently for Crystal's reaction.  "You guys, he's just being nice!" Crystal told those who were watching but there was a blush on her cheeks.

"No I am not!"  Aiden looked at the camera. "For all of you who didn't know, Crystal is a very kind and caring person. Although her jokes aren't very funny, she's very fun to work with. And I mean, who doesn't have Crystal Paige as their celebrity crush!"