chapter 6: cant keep my hands to myself

hands to myself - selena gomez

Can't keep my hands to myself

No matter how hard I'm trying toI want you all to myselfYou're metaphorical gin and juiceSo come on, give me a tasteOf what it's like to be next to you

Crystal was woken up by the ding of a text message on her phone. She went to grab it and it read:

Shawn Mendes:
Good morning. Breakfast?

It made a smile on her face. Shawn Mendes, you are something else. She thought in her head. Threw the phone on the bed (without replying), got up, made herself look decent before heading down for breakfast.

In the kitchen, Shawn, Aaliyah, and Karen were all in there and they all smiled widely when Crystal walked in the room.

"Good morning guys! What can I do to help?" Crystal said squeezing in the kitchen. Karen said something about her about not needing to help because she is a guest, she replied that its no big deal and that she loved cooking.

She stood beside Shawn who was cutting strawberries on the kitchen island. "Get out of the kitchen, Mendes. We all know you can't cook." Crystal said bumping Shawn away with her hip.

"He was trying to impress you, Crystal." Aaliyah snorted somewhere behind them.

"Well, the uneven shapes of these strawberries aren't really that impressive." Crystal half joked.

"Hey!" Shawn tried to act offended and skirted out the kitchen with a childish pout.

The group had fancy strawberry pancakes for almost-Christmas breakfast and somehow while eating they came up with a plan to go ice skating later today. 

*

"Shawn! Im going to fall and hurt my butt!" Crystal scolded Shawn when he expertly entered the rink leaving Crystal alone out of the rink.

He didn't even think that Crystal didn't know how to skate. But, it made things more interesting for him when he learned that she didn't know how to skate. So he skated back to help the scared girl with the lamest smirk on his face. He grabbed her hand and assured her that she'll be fine on the ice.  Crystal was still whining and couldn't let her other hand let go of the railings of the rink, but Shawn laughed and pulled her to the middle of the rink.

"You're going to be fine Crys. Especially when you start calming down." Shawn told Crystal with a silly smile. 

"You're making fun of me!" Crystal made an offended face to Shawn who didn't even deny it.

For the next hour or so, Shawn tried to teach Crystal to skate and intentionally letting go of her when they reached the middle of the rink where she couldn't hold on to anything because he thought it was amusing to see her panic and angry at him but not be able to do anything about it. They crashed into a few people even little children who seemed to be better than the pair combined . They laughed off their glares. They may have even fallen completely over on top of each other on the ice once or a few times. 

Shawn took his opportunities and couldn't seem to keep his hands to himself.  He grabbed on to Crystal's hands tightly, teaching her to skate whilst enjoying the tingly feeling he had in his heart whenever she squeezed his hand. He would hold on to her waist a few sneaky times making up excuses to himself that he was only trying to keep her balanced. He enjoyed it when Crystal would lean into him to regain her balance, or when she would completely crash into his chest he would hold her close for a few more unnecessary seconds. He would even stand a little too close to Crystal when they took a break at a corner of the rink. They resembled a flirty high school couple on a date.

When the session was almost over and there were only at least five minutes left until they had to leave, Aaliyah came over to Crystal and said "Hey, Crys. Speed round for the last minute?" Aaliyah challenged. 

"Liyah, I don't think that's very safe for Crystal. She doesn't know how to skate." Shawn countered looking genuinely concerned.

"Oh! I've got this, Shawn!" Crystal shrugged off and skated next to Aaliyah getting ready to speed off. 

Where was this confidence hiding for the past hour?  Shawn thought in his head. 

"No. But i really think-" He was cut off when Aaliyah and Crystal took off on a speed that he was sure was not very safe for a beginner. For a second he was worried until he saw the girls expertly gliding around the rink like they have been doing it forever. He was utterly confused as to how Crystal got so good in a blink of an eye.

He skated over to where they stopped, lightly arguing about who was faster. "I must be a good teacher! That was impressive, Crys. I was worried for a second." He said still a little confused.

"What are you talking about Shawn?" Aaliyah asked. "Crystal knows how to skate, she had a full tv show about ice skating!"

Shawn went on about a full-on lecture about how movies worked and how that could've been Crystal's stunt double and how Aaliyah should know better than to go on such a dangerous speed in a public rink with a beginner. Aaliyah rolled her eyes walking away from the two to exit the rink. 

Crystal snorted beside Shawn who was still muttering something about irresponsible teenagers. Shawn noticed that she was stifling a good laugh. When she bursted into laughs like someone who had just pranked their friend, Shawn was confused for a second until he caught on to what was happening. "Crystal Paige, you knew how to skate all along!"

Crystal nodded still laughing at Shawn's reaction. "I didn't want to rain on your parade because you seemed to enjoy it." Shawn turned red in embarrassment.   "I realized that after I noticed that you can't seem to keep your hands to yourself, Mendes."

viola! it is here. i was so motivated to work on this after seeing people's comments and people adding this story to their reading list. kind of a filler chapter, hoped you enjoyed it! 

buckle up, sisters, because you are in for a ride of flirty mendes. i already have plans for the next chapter ;) 

keep commenting! vote and share!