jealous

"Hey, Shawn!" Some girls waved and giggled from across the street.

Shawn smiled at them and crossed the street to take photos.

Crystal kept walking, their 3-month old baby held in her hands. She tried to smile at his fans or at least keep a straight face but it was becoming harder to do.

After a while Shawn came back to stand beside her. "Sorry, babe. Where did you say you wanted to go?"

"I wanna go home." She said emotionlessly.

Shawn immediately sensed that there was something wrong. "Are you sure? I thought you wanted to have a family date?"

"Look, I said I just want to go home, Shawn." She snapped, catching Shawn off guard.

"Is something wrong, Crys?"

Crystal didn't even answer. She huffed and glared at Shawn for being difficult before she turned in her heels to walk back to their parked car.

She didn't hear Shawn catch up to her which made her cheeks burn with anger. She honestly felt like she was about to cry.

Once she reached the car, thankfully Shawn gave her the keys earlier, so she unlocked it and began strapping baby Mel to her car seat. She didn't turn around because she knew Shawn wasn't there; he probably got caught up by another fan.

Once she finished strapping Mel, she sat on the passenger seat to wait for Shawn. She was really mad but had to keep it in.

A little over five minutes later, Shawn appeared in view and sat in the driver's seat.

"Sorry, we reached the cafe you said you wanted to go to. I went as quickly as I can. I got you your drink." He smiled holding up two cups. He wasn't stupid; He knew something was wrong. He thought he could lighten up the mood if he brought her coffee because he knew she's been tired lately. This was also the drink she craved when she was having Mel.

Crystal didn't respond or look at him. She leaned her head on the window and looked straight ahead.

"Here you go, my love." He attempted to shove the drink in her hands and kiss her cheek but she dodged that too.

He was content enough that she accepted the drink so he cleared his throat and began driving home.

The drive was quiet. Crystal occasionally sipped her drink. Shawn hummed, trying to stay positive. Mel slowly fell asleep to her father's humming.

Once they made it home, Shawn told Crystal that he's got Mel and that she can start heading up.

The family rode the elevator in silence, though Shawn still hummed to keep Mel asleep.

Inside, Shawn went straight to Mel's room to put her to bed while Crystal headed for their bedroom.

After putting Mel in her crib and making sure she's asleep, he came in to his and Crystal's bedroom to find her crawled up in her side of the bed, her back facing him.

Shawn took off his coat and slid under the covers to spoon Crystal. "Hey,"

Crystal didn't respond. She pinched her eyes shut as the tears finally escaped.

"I'm right here, love. Talk to me." He spoke again in a whisper and kissed her neck that was exposed to him. Shawn spun her around to face him and she let him. "Tell me what's wrong."

"I just—I don't know... We were supposed to have a family date and there's these girls." Crystal hiccuped and opened her eyes to look at him.