chapter 13: lucky

fine by me - andy grammer

But I'm staring at you now
There's no one else around
I'm thinking you're the girl for me

~

The phone rang indicating somebody trying to FaceTime Crystal. Last night was another long night of work, breaking the record with filming for at least 12 hours. There was a lot of long nights since the night of the club. That had been almost a full week ago.

Crystal answered without even looking to see who it was. She had to get up soon anyway.

"Hey!" Shawn's voice came from the phone and Crystal was suddenly embarrassed of how she must look like at the moment. "Woah. Didn't mean to wake you. Thought you'd be awake its past noon."

"Work." Crystal mumbled closing her eyes but held the phone up so Shawn could see her.

"Listen, Evan bailed on me so I've got an extra ticket to a hockey game tonight. Wanna come?" He asked. He was in the kitchen munching on a muffin.

"A hockey game! Yes, I'd love to come!" Crystal perked up. She'd never seen a hockey game.

"Okay, I'll pick you up. See you later."

"See ya."

They hung up. Crystal got off her bed and went to the bathroom to do her business. She went downstairs in the kitchen to get some food. Aiden was there rolling up a burrito he probably just made.

"She's finally up!" He cheered before biting on his food. "Oh, you want some?"

"Yes please." Crystal sighed loudly, glad she didn't have to make her own food.

He happily rolled up another burrito and handed it to her. She thanked him.

"This is really good, Aiden. I didn't know you cooked."

"Well you kinda have to learn when you live alone. You cook."

She nodded. "I wanted to be a chef when I was little. I love cooking."

Vivian and Courtney, another one of their co-stars, walked into the kitchen too. They all ate their lunch while making small talk.

"Viv, what's on the schedule for today?" Crystal asked.

"Everyone is clear for the day except there will be interviews on set." She replied.

"Oh thank goodness! This week has been exhausting." Courtney threw her hands in the air. "You guys got any plans?" She asked simply curious.

"Not at the moment." Aiden shrugged. They turned to Crystal.

"Going to a hockey game with Shawn." She replied making the bunch "ooooh". "What?"

"What's going on with you two?" Courtney inquired.

"Nothing."

"Oh. Well then if its nothing, you wouldn't mind if I steal him from you do you?" Courtney joked. Crystal didn't know what to say to that. "Im just messing with you Crys. He's all yours." She winked making Crys roll her eyes but smile.

*

At around 4pm, the interviewers and their crew came in. Crystal's interview was with Aiden since they were the main love interest and main characters of the show

"Crystal Paige, how are you today?" The interviewer asked through the mike as Crystal took a seat on a director's chair in front of the lights and camera, joining Aiden who was already there