chapter 1: garden godess

i don't even know your name - shawn mendes

Oh, you waited so long
Sometimes it's hard to stand out
And you don't have to do anything else
But be yourself, oh
And you, you dressed up so nice
But all I could see was your eyes
And the crowd came and pulled you away
And then you were gone

Met Ball 2018

The famous singer stepped out of his vehicle and into the red carpet. Immediately there were flashes of camera blinding him, but he still smiled, excited to be at the moment.

"Shawn! No date tonight?" A paparazzi asked somewhere, but he was asked not to answer except in official interviews. He posed for a quick few photos, smiling and waving to his fellow famous artists that he knew.

Behind the flashing lights he caught sight of a young girl struggling for the train of her dress was being stepped on by another guest. She tried to keep her cool and smiled because she knew the world was watching her ,but internally she was panicking that her dress might rip in front of all the camera's and important people around her. She was muttering "excuse me's" to the man stepping on her dress but he was too busy in an interview. The young actress was wondering where the hell are her assistants.

Seeing the scene, Shawn sprinted for the man unconsciously stepping on the beautiful dress and tapped on his shoulder. He hated to be rude and interrupt an interview, more so have this caught on camera but, he didn't really have much of a choice. "Sir, I'm so sorry to interrupt, but you're stepping on her dress. Im really sorry." He apologized as if he was in the wrong.

"Oh my god! Im sorry, Im sorry!" He stepped aside and looked up to meet Shawn's eyes and gave him an apologetic smile. He also caught Crystal Paige's eyes and he mouthed another apology, his eyes widening when he saw who's dress he had stepped on. She returned his smile, not seeing it as a big deal.

Shawn made another run to catch up to Crystal as she held on to her dress while climbing up a few steps.

"Please let me help you." Shawn offered a hand to the actress, but didn't realized who it was until he looked up to meet her light gray eyes. Shawn was stunned on his spot. He stood there with slightly wide eyes and and cannot help his mouth to fall agape. She was so beautiful! He thought.

Crystal was a sucker for genuine kindness so she did not hesitate to take the his hand. "Oh my gosh! Thank you for that, Sir! I was beginning to panic he'd rip my dress." Crystal didn't know who the singer is but she found him attractive so she offered him a shy smile.

"Yeah no, problem" Shawn swallowed and looked everywhere but at her eyes. Shawn led the lady to a spot in front of an interviewer Crystal was looking at, which made him assume she was headed to her.

Before she could ask for his name and mutter another thank you, he was pulled to his own interview.

Crystal turned to her interviewer and flashed her , her million-dollar smile. "Hi, I'm Crystal." She was too polite that she still had to introduce herself even if she knew the world knew her name well.

"Crystal, you look absolutely stunning tonight! Tell us about what you're wearing."

"Thank you!" She beamed. "Im wearing Versace tonight and I actually designed my look, and we kind of went with the theme of like 'Garden Goddess'. If that makes sense. I've just been really loving flowers and this is how it turned out." She answered occasionally making gestures with her hands but never missing a hint of her smile.

Her dress was long and black with little red roses dotting the sweetheart neckline. Her hair was in half up-half down updo with a fishtail braid and more red flowers adjourning her dark brown hair. Her eyes stunned everyone, like always. Her already famous bright grey eyes were decorated by shades of pink eye shadow and there were real flowers framing her eyes that were placed by her temples.