chapter 3: in love

what a time - julia michaels ft. niall horan

I think of the night in the park, it was getting dark

And we stayed up for hoursWhat a time, what a time, what a time

"Well?" Crystal cocked her head to the side when Shawn took awhile to answer. She still had a smirk on her face. For some wild reason, she thought the whole situation was amusing. She could see Shawn was caught off guard. She loved that she was able to read him so quickly.

"I-I think so. Yes-, Maybe-" Shawn stuttered. The memory still messing with his head.

Crystal laughed out loud and snorting somewhere in between. Shawn's tension eased and smiled at the carefree girl in front of him.

"What did this girl do to you that you answered like that and you wrote a full album about her?" She said under her breath still smiling.

The two dived in to a different topic and it carried on through the night.

*

It was around 7pm now and the pair were exhausted but didn't want the day to end. Currently, they were in Central Park that was empty. They both lay on the grass and looked up to the stars.

"Have you?" Shawn spoke up after a long silence. It was such a peaceful and relaxed night that he forgot she couldn't hear his thoughts.

"Have I what?" Crystal said.

"Ever been in love?" Shawn finished.

This time, Crystal's breath caught in her throat. But not because of a memory, like Shawn did, it was actually because she had no memory of anyone.

"No. I've just been very focused on my work and it never even came in to my mind."

"Ah! Crystal Paige has never been in love." Shawn was the one smirking this time.

Crystal could practically hear his smirk and the obvious tone of being made fun of so she couldn't help but fight back a laugh snorting somewhere in the process.

Shawn found her snorting adorable and brought a huge smile on his face. It meant that she was comfortable with him.

"I leave tomorrow to go back home." Shawn said after a while.

"Oh yeah? Should we head back then so you have time to rest before then?" Crystal asked sweetly. Shawn appreciated this.

"Nah, I fall asleep on the plane every time anyway." Neither of them didn't want the night to end.

"Tonight was fun, Shawn. Thank you." Crystal said.

"Thank you, Miss Paige. Not everybody can say they got to hang out with thee Crystal Paige." Shawn turned his head to look at her.

Crystal kept looking at the stars. She couldn't get herself to look at him because she knew she was blushing deeply.

"Can I walk you back to your place? You probably need to rest." Shawn spoke again. He stood up and offered the lady a hand to take, which she did.

"I'd love to."

When they were back at the front entrance of Crystal's building where her penthouse was, they both paused to look at each other.