chapter 17: happy

put your head on my shoulder - paul anka
(because why the heck not)

Put your head on my shoulder
Hold me in your arms, baby
Squeeze me oh-so-tight
Show me that you love me too

Put your lips next to mine, dear
Won't you kiss me once, baby?
Just a kiss goodnight, maybe
You and I will fall in love

~

The ride Shawn's condo was silent. Crystal was curled up into a ball in the passenger seat, her knees tucked to her chest. Shawn had one hand on her knee and Crystal leaned her head on his hand. His thumb would brush back and forth on her knee as she clutched his hand and looked out the window.

"How was your day, hun?" Crystal was the first to talk once inside the condo.

"It was great, except I missed you." He answered sweetly. He reached up to brush her face. She leaned into his touch, closing her eyes.

"I saw your mom today." She said.

"Yeah? How so?"

"Mr. Mendes how do you still not know how to do your laundry!?" She scolded, lightening up the mood.

"I do know how to do my laundry! She just likes to come and do it for me. I'm not complaining." He held up his hands in defense.

Crystal put her hand on her forehead and shook her head.

"What'd did you guys talk about?" Shawn asked with a teasing smirk.

"That would be between me and your mother." She stuck out her tongue at him.

"Hey! No secrets in this relationship!" She tried to runaway from him but he caught her by the waist. "What'd she ask you?" He raised a brow as he locked Crystal in his arms.

It wasn't really a big deal. She just wanted to mess with him. "Nothing too crazy. She asked me if you were treating me right."

Shawn's mouth made an "O" shape but then smirked right after. "And what did you say?"

Crystal pulled him by his neck and stood on her toes to speak. "I said that you treat me like a princess."

"Ah. I see." Shawn tried to hide a triumphant smile from making its way to his mouth.

Crystal leaned closer and kissed him. Crystal's mouth parted and opened as they kissed for a good while until they pulled away. "Thanks for being there earlier."

"Anything for my princess." He gave her a kiss on her flushed cheeks.

They pulled their arms away from each other as Shawn took her duffle bag to his room.

"So moving in already, huh?" Shawn joked.

"You can say no. I mean its your house." Crystal challenged him crossing her arms on her chest as she gave him a silly smile.

"Nah."

"That's what I thought." Shawn laughed at Crystal's attitude.

"I can take you to work tomorrow so you can bring your car." They left her car back in the house because Shawn thought it wouldn't be a very good idea to let Crystal drive alone with her thoughts after an attack.

"Okay."

*

Crystal tiptoed her way into the condo at midnight, having just finished work. She slowly put her keys in the bowl by the door hoping in it wont make a sound.