chapter 22: carefree and happy

free spirit- khalid

So tell me when you're falling
Though I could never doubt our love
Can you hear me calling?
Is it everything you're dreaming of?
Leave it all on the line
As long as you're not leaving me, well I am yours
Yours

Free spirits
Free spirit
~

The day they had been dreading was drawing very close. It has been weeks since New York and Shawn was to leave for tour in 2 days. Just thinking about it stressed Crystal out. Shawn on the other hand, was really excited but tried not to show it to Crystal.

"Hey," Crystal felt arms wrap around her waist from behind when she was sitting by the counter, writing on her planner.

"Hi there." Crystal smiled, and touched his cheek lovingly while he rested his chin on her shoulder.

"So, I'm hoping you're free tonight..."

Crystal rolled her eyes knowingly. Knowing Shawn, he must have something planned to make up for leaving for tour even though he technically isn't doing anything wrong.

"Mendes, what are you planning? You don't have to take me out, we can just stay in for the next 2 days, hun."

"I'm not sure you're gonna want to turn me down on this one, Crystal Paige."

Crystal's eyebrows knitted together in thinking when Shawn slid two pieces of paper in front of her.

"Oh my gosh!" Crystal gasped. She turned around in her seat and faced him. "Camila's playing in Toronto tonight?!"

He nodded with a proud smile on his lips. "Oh, Shawn! I don't remember the last time I went on a concert! Im gonna pick out an outfit right now!" She quickly pressed a kiss to his lips and jumped out of her seat to dash to the closet.

12 hours later, they were jumping, dancing, and singing their lungs out as their friend sang from the stage.

Crystal had braided her hair in double dutch braids and she wore a white cropped top and a glittery pencil skirt that was a little too short for Shawn's liking but he didn't say anything to her about it because he believed she is her own person.

" Just like nicotine, rushin' me, touching me

Suddenly, I'm a fiend and you're all I need
All I need, yeah, you're all I need! " She bounced on her heels as she shouted the words.

She turned to Shawn and grabbed his hands indicating she wanted him to dance. Shawn laughed but twirled her under his arm, singing the lyrics as well.

It's you, babe

And I'm a sucker for the way that you move, babe
And I could try to run, but it would be useless
You're to blame
Just one hit of you, I knew I'll never be the same
It's you, babe
And I'm a sucker for the way that you move, babe
And I could try to run, but it would be useless

He couldn't imagine being without her light for so many months. If only he could take her with him on tour. Crystal Paige was one special girl and it was still beyond his comprehension that someone like her liked someone like him. He always thought she looked most beautiful like this: carefree and happy. She had added a little glitter on her make up to match her skirt and it literally made her sparkle under the dim lights. He wanted to kiss her so bad right then and there. He wished he could. He wished she'd let him but there were too many people surely watching them.

He pushed away thoughts of leaving her the day after tomorrow, or what it would be like to be able to kiss her and have every guy in the stadium be jealous of him. Instead, he focused on the now. He was taking in all of her in his memory to keep for the couple months they'll be apart.