chapter 11: fallin' all in you

fallin' all in you-shawn mendes 

You are bringing out a different kind of meThere's no safety net that's underneath, I'm freeFalling all inYou fell for men who weren't how they appeared, yeahTrapped up on a tightrope now we're here, we're freeFalling all in you

Shawn awoke first. The bright sun, despite the winter season, escaping his windows woke him. His lips pulled into a smile when he felt two small arms snake around his waist and a head nuzzling its way on his chest, trying to get comfortable.

"You're not wearing a shirt!" Crystal gasped.

"I got hot last night." Shawn explained. He was suddenly afraid that this was too much for Crystal, but he was relieved when she didn't pull her hands away. 

She fell back asleep in a matter of seconds and Shawn just held her for another 15 minutes until he got bored. He leaned down and touched his nose with hers as he felt her steady breath. He continued nudging her nose with his until she finally stirred awake. "You are such a kid, Mendes." She rolled her eyes but smiled.

Shawn smiled widely at her too. They didn't do anything past making out last night but waking up to Crystal on her chest was enough to make him giddy inside. He dipped his head down again and caught her lips in his. "I have morning breath, Shawn." Crystal whined but kissed him again. 

He nuzzled his face in her neck and muttered "Don't care." 

Crystal placed a kiss on his forehead before getting up, heading for the bathroom. Shawn got up too, catching her by the waist when she emerged from the bathroom. "Someone's touchy." Crystal teased but Shawn only hummed. She pushed Shawn away in the bathroom as she headed for the kitchen to make them breakfast. 

Shawn soon emerged from the bedroom. He quickly grabbed a bacon that Crystal was cooking taking bites as he went to set up some music. Soon enough, Drake's God's Plan was ringing around the condo. Crystal turned around to watch Shawn dancing around. It was more like making waves with his arms to match the beat, nodding his head, stepping around and sometimes swaying his hips. 

"She say, "Do you love me?" I tell her, "Only partly"

I only love my bed and my momma, I'm sorry" He sung loudly pointing at Crystal as he did so.

Crystal laughed loudly as he continued to sing and dance until he reached her. He took the cooking utensil from her hands and grabbed her hands in his, urging her to dance. 

"Imagine if I never met the broskies!"  

Crystal watched with amusement on her face. When the song ended she could finally speak. "What the hell was in your coffee?" Crystal joked.

Shawn smiled grabbing Crystal by the waist again. "Haven't had my coffee yet, babe." Crystal raised her brows in question. "Its just-. It felt nice to wake up next to someone you care for. Its been quite a while." He said in a low voice, staring lovingly at Crystal.

Crystal was beyond flattered. Her cheeks burned pink. It was like a sudden confirmation of feelings but then again Shawn has hinted his interest in Crystal plenty of times in the past. Shawn really liked Crystal and he couldn't keep it to himself any longer. 

"Shawn, I adore you." It was the truth. This was probably the talk she has been dreading but she's glad it went well.  

Shawn smiled widely at the words. He sealed the words with a kiss on Crystal's forehead. 

The bacon sizzled loudly behind Crystal making them both jump. She scrambled to prevent the food from burning. Shawn laughed. 

They ate breakfast and continued their dance party to Lauv's I like Me Better.

*

Crystal was showering when Shawn wandered in his music room. Recently he has been working on his piano. He just learned Rewrite the Stars for Aaliyah so he began playing.

"It's up to you, and it's up to me

No one can say what we get to be
So why don't we rewrite the stars?
Maybe the world could be ours
Tonight"  

It was Crystal's voiced who sung first because Shawn was too focused on the keys to sing himself. Shawn looked up at the doorway seeing Crystal leaning on the door frame. Her hair was wet from the shower but she still wore her sweatshirt and sweatpants. Her voice was just as beautiful as her. Shawn thought as he continued to play.

"You think it's easy

You think I don't want to run to you
But there are mountains
And there are doors that we can't walk through
I know you're wondering why
Because we're able to be
Just you and me
Within these walls
But when we go outside
You're going to wake up and see that it was hopeless after all

 Shawn joined in as they sung together in beautiful harmony. Crystal took a seat on the piano bench beside Shawn, pulled out her phone and began recording. The recording captured Shawn's hands playing the piano until they sung the last part of the song. 

"Crystal Paige, what can you not do?" Shawn commented. 

Singing was actually Crystal's first hobby as a kid. It came in handy in the acting world. Some of her movies were musicals. Shawn thought that this was probably why she was so successful. She had grit and talent.

"Well, I can't play the guitar." Crystal said eyeing the blue guitar hanging from the wall. 

Shawn beamed excited about his all time favorite instrument. He grabbed the guitar off its hanging and positioned Crystal to hold it properly. He taught her to play simple cords for the next hour. 

*

Crystal had uploaded their impromptu cover on Instagram. Both Shawn and Crystal's fans went haywire. Crystal was looking at their tweets and comments, liking a few.

"Hun, do you have work today?" Shawn asked from his bedroom. 

Crystal's heart warmed at the nickname. "Not until later tonight." 

Shawn entered the living room and sat beside Crystal. He put his arm around Crystal peering over at her phone. He too read over what people were saying about the cover, glad that they were liking it. Some were hinting that they would look cute as a couple.

"Hey, Crys. You remember Camila right?" Shawn asked. He remembered Camila asking about Crystal but he never really did what he said he would do.

"Of course! She is a darling."

"She told me to ask you if you guys wanted to hang out again." 

"Yes!" Crystal got excited. She loved Camila's personality. 

"Maybe we could see her play sometime. "

"Yeah. I'd love that."

Shawn and Crystal stayed in until she had to head to work.

this took me so long to write and its so short what the heck. there was a lot of songs in this chapter but who caught on to the fallin all in you and nervous (from the last chapter) lyrics? double update because y'all are awesome. 

also pray for a snow day for me so i can write if theres no school on monday. 

is all this kind of fast for you all? i wouldn't know because ya girl is no boyfriend since birth af. but im not complaining with lovey dovey shawn.