for me

patience - shawn mendes

Can you make your mind up?
Please, I'm losin' my patience

~

Crystal and Aaliyah skipped towards Shawn's hotel room to let him know that they're heading out to explore the city. This has been a routine they've been doing in every city since Aaliyah arrived.

Aaliyah adored Crystal and she loved spending time with her. She was glad she had her to show her the city because Shawn would be too busy to be able to do all the things she wants to do. Though, Aaliyah was confused about Crystal's current relationship with her brother she let them handle it and not let that affect her own relationship with Crystal.

Aaliyah and Crystal found a fancy café online that they wanted to check out.

The two giggled as they knocked rather loudly at Shawn's door.

"Shawn!" Crystal didn't even wait for him to respond because she was just too excited. When she walked in the room, she saw Shawn sitting on his bed with his head in his hands.

"Shawn?" Crystal said in a more quiet voice. She saw him wiping his eyes.

Aaliyah walked in the room with a bright smile on her face. "Hey Shawn! Can Crystal and I—umm..." Her request was cut off when she saw that his brother seemed to be not in the mood.

She looked at Crystal questioningly. Crystal shrugged.

Shawn picked his head up to look at the two girls. He tried to smile at them but it was evident that he had just been crying.

"Hey girls. What's up? I was just - umm - meditating."

Aaliyah spoke first. "Crystal and I were going to check out this café we found online. People are saying tourists have to go when they visit."

"Yeah, of course. I'll give you my card." He walked over to his bags and rummaged around for his wallet. "May I have some security come with you?"

Shawn saw his sister frown as he handed her his credit card. "Okay fine no security. Just be back as soon as you can please."

"I've got her, Shawn. Don't worry." Crystal said but he didn't even look at her.

"Thanks Shawn." Aaliyah hugged her brother.

They all awkwardly stood there for a second. Crystal had a feeling he did not want to talk to her at the moment so she didn't know if she should just leave with his sister or give him a hug like he usually does when they part.

Aaliyah gestured at Crystal that they should head out. Crystal smiled at Shawn but he avoided her eyes. The girls began to head out the door.

Once the door was closed behind them, Crystal had a thought. "Liyah?" Aaliyah turned back around. "Why don't you go get ready. I'll meet you in our room." She smiled.

The two had become really close that Aaliyah was able to persuade Shawn that her and Crystal share a hotel room at their next city.

Aaliyah smiled back at her knowingly. "Okay." Then she disappeared behind their door that was only a few rooms down Shawn's.

Crystal took a deep breath and turned back to face Shawn's door. She knew something was up. She realized, back when she and Shawn were still together, that every time she was upset he would always find a way to cheer her up. He wouldn't even let her go to bed upset. It's time she would do the same for him.

She pushed the door open and walked in but he was no where to be seen. Crystal was worried for a second until she noticed that the balcony door was open. She walked closer and sure enough he was there, his back turned to her. She could hear him still sniffling from crying earlier.