dress

Dress - Taylor Swift

Flashback to my mistakes

My rebounds, my earthquakes

Even in my worst light, you saw the truth of me

And I woke up just in time

Now I wake up by your side

My one and only, my lifeline

~

C: Good luck on tonight's show, Shawn. I know you'll kill it.

Crystal texted Shawn.

The pair have decided that it would be best not to be seen together since technically the world knows that Crystal is still with Aiden. By being seen on tour with Shawn, rumors might begin that Crystal is cheating on Aiden with Shawn. She just needed a little more time away from Aiden before she can fully stand on her own again.

S: thanks, crys. wish you were here.

Crystal felt her breath catch in her throat. She shook her head, shaking off thoughts of Shawn romantically wanting her there. He's probably just nervous and needed someone. She told herself. Crystal decided to FaceTime him, hoping that she'll be able to ease his nerves a little bit.

"Hey." Crystal can see that he was in his dressing room. Shawn's nerves eased just by the sight of her smile.

"Hey. Nervous?"

"Mhmm. I wish you were here." Shawn says again making Crystal really hope he means it the way she think he does.

"Me too, Shawn. Me too."

"What will you be doing while the show is going on?"

"I'm kind of tired of locking up in my room and watching Netflix. I think I'm going to go shopping to kill time."

"You? Tired of Netflix? Woah, who are you and what have you done to Crystal?" Shawn joked making himself laugh. Crystal rolled her eyes. "Kidding! Shopping sounds good, babe-- I mean Crys." Calling her sweet nicknames came naturally to him, he wasn't sure why but it could be because he adored her.

Crystal nodded whilst biting her lip to hide her smile.

"Hey, umm, maybe we can go to dinner after the show?" He decided to just go for it. He had been meaning to ask her the question but never seemed to find the right moment to do so.

Crystal perked up. "Shawn, I would love that! But, aren't you going to be tired after?"

"Nah. I'll be okay."

"But, we're not supposed to be seen together either." Crystal depressingly reminded both of them.

Shawn who had already thought about that had thought about a solution beforehand. "Who says we have to go out? You hate fancy restaurants anyway. We'll have dinner at the hotel balcony. There's a small kitchen in the penthouse suite. Plus, I haven't had your cooking in so long."

Crystal couldn't hide her smile at that. "Okay, then."

"Okay. It's a date then." Shawn stated smirking.

"I'll go grocery shopping as well then. I'll see you at the hotel after the show, Canada." Crystal winked at him through the screen. They both erupted in laughter at how dirty that sounded.

"I'll see you after the show, Crys." But he still didn't hang up.

Crystal noted that he was waiting for her to say it. "Don't break too many hearts out there. And yes, it's a date."