chapter 14: alive

i feel alive - we the kings

I'm lying here whispering the sweetest nothing
I feel your heart beating faster than you're breathing
And I don't even know if I can close my eyes
Don't want to sleep 'cause I'm wide awake and dreaming
Hold me close and catch your breath now
I promise not to leave this bed yet
~

Happiness never looked so good on both Crystal and Shawn's faces. Shawn would even skip his way into the studio from his car. Crystal was simply blooming. Everyone noticed.

"We're so sorry about the food, Crys. The usual chef got the flu. Would you like me to grab you something from the stores?" Vivian appeared in front of Crystal who was patiently waiting in her directors chair. Turns out, the temporary chef who cooked today's menu was not aware of Crystal's allergies.

"That's alright, Vivian. I might grab something to eat myself. Do you have my phone?" She asked with a smile.

Vivian thought there was something different about her today. A nice kind of different. But she didnt say anything about it.

She fished in her purse for Crystal's phone and handed it to her. "Its been going off since the morning."

They had started work around 4am so she hasn't been able to check her phone since. True to Vivian's words, there was a bunch of notifications since 7am.

Shawn: hi!

Shawn: good morning beautiful

Shawn: u up yet?

Shawn: probably long day at work huh? 🤔

Shawn: or you could already be working

Shawn: wake up!

Shawn: wake up. i miss you :((

2 missed calls from Shawn Mendes

Shawn: where are youu?? love me !!!

Shawn: you're not mad at me are you?

Shawn: hello?

Shawn: sorry am I being clingy?

You missed 1 FaceTime call from Shawn Mendes

Instagram: @shawnmendes mentioned your in their story.

Shawn: headed to rehearsal now. have a good day at work, love. ❤️

Crystal couldn't help but laugh out loud but a blush made its way to her cheeks. Vivian was peeking over her shoulder.

"Did something happen during the night of the hockey game that I don't know about, Crys?" Vivian smirked at Crystal.

"Maybe." She answered shyly still too focused on her phone. Vivian snatched her phone back and tried to keep if far from Crystal's reach. "Hey! Vivian I need to call him back!"