chapter 19: when you're ready

when you're ready - shawn mendes
Don't know why I tried
'Cause ain't nobody like you
Familiar disappointment every single time I do
Every single night my arms are not around you
My mind's still wrapped around you

Baby, tell me when you're readyI'm waitin'Baby, any time you're readyI'm waitin'

Even ten years from nowIf you haven't found somebodyI promise, I'll be aroundTell me when you're readyI'm waitin'~

"Hey, Shawn! How are you?"

"Im doing really well, thank you for asking."

"Excited for tour?"

"So excited! I miss seeing everyone's faces!"

"Speaking of seeing anyone, we have to ask you about Crystal Paige." The interview had slyly asked Shawn.

They sat on the couch facing each other. The interviewer was a short girl in maybe her late 20s. He was scheduled for an interview to advertise his tour but he knew they were bound to ask about Crystal.

His cheeks heated up simply by hearing her name. His mouth pulled into a smile as he laughed nervously. "Ahh! Very sly of you." He joked, stalling to give her an answer. Shawn twiddled with his thumbs as he answered.

"Crystal Paige is very special to me." His heart pounded against his chest because he was not sure what to say. "She's very sweet, if you've met her. Have you met her?"

"Yes actually. Stunning woman she is! She was very sweet indeed." She replied using her hands to exaggerate.

"Yeah! She's the sweetest person I know. And one of the most beautiful girls I've seen, to be completely honest." He paused. "We're getting to know each other but we're just friends."

The interviewer didn't quite believe him but she didn't point it out. "Awww, that's so sweet of you to say, Shawn."

"So any hints on who your opening act for tour will be?"

"I cannot tell you just yet! Its going to be great, I promise." He answered but his mind still lingered on what he had just said a few minutes ago.

"Where's the first stop?"

"Show 1 is in Amsterdam. There will be a lot more dates to be announced too so hang tight."

"Alright would you like to tell our viewers where they can find info for that?"

"Yes!" He turned to look straight to the camera. "Hey guys! Check me out on tour! For details check in to shawnmendesthetour.com. A lot more dates will be announced! I cannot wait to sing for you guys again!"

"Thanks, Shawn! We'll see you later!" She got up to hug him in which he returned.

"Thank you for having me."

Did he say the right thing? He was still unsure if he could tell everybody about him and Crystal. Did he want to tell everybody? Hell yes. He was dying to tell everyone, to be able to take her out, hold her hand, kiss her whenever he wanted, even post pictures of her on instagram.

He handn't talked to her about it though and he felt like she was giving the impression that she didn't want to make their relationship public just yet. He respected that but he hated lying to his fans.

*

"Hey, hun." Crystal greeted him when he came home. She was on the couch watching another one of her chef shows. He noticed she was wearing his shirt.