chapter 15: angels

a.m. - one direction

Won't you stay 'til the A.M.?
All my favourite conversations
Always made in the A.M'
Cause we don't know what we're saying
We're just swimmin' 'round in our glasses
And talkin' out of our asses
Like we're all gonna make it, yeah yeah
Ooh, you know I'm always coming back to this place

~

They sat there talking in low voices, staring and admiring each other. Shawn was tracing Crystal's neck to her collarbone with his finger when the oven made a noise indicating that the pizza was done. He got up and took out the pizza from the oven and placed a slice on each of the two plates. He put a plate of pizza on Crystal's lap but came back to the kitchen to pour wine in two glasses.

"We're legal to drink here in Canada. Don't worry." He winked at Crystal as they clinked glasses and drank some wine before placing their glasses on the coffee table.

Crystal was munching on her pizza when Shawn grabbed the remote. He pressed a few buttons on it before asking "What do you wanna watch?"

"You choose." Crystal shrugged, too busy eating her pizza.

"Grey's Anatomy?"

"Sure." She said and the show began playing.

"Cuddles?" Shawn asked with an arm open for Crystal the other holding his pizza. Crystal grabbed a blanket from behind her, cuddled on Shawn's side, and threw the blanket on both of them. Her head rested by his heart and his arm was around her back as they watched the show and ate most of the pizza.

When the pizza was gone, they ate ice cream from their own tubs and continued to cuddle while watching the show.

*

"Please?" Crystal pouted holding up the bottle of face mask.

They had finished eating and watching. Crystal sat on the couch while Shawn stood because he had just loaded the dishwasher and threw out their trash.

"You're lucky I like you." Shawn groaned throwing his head back but plopped on the couch. Crystal cheered and climbed over Shawn's lap.

"I'm assuming you won't have anything in the house for me to apply this on, right?" said Crystal.

"You're right. That means we can't do it!" Shawn tried to get up but Crystal didn't move from his lap instead pushed him back to lean his back on the couch.

"No no no, Mendes. That means I'll have to use my fingers." Shawn groaned as she squeezed out bright blue face mask goop on the back of her hand. "Oooh! Oooh! I know you have those little headband thingys!" She got off his lap and headed for his bathroom where she had seen those headbands that he wore when he worked out. She grabbed two, the other one for her.

She went back to sit on his lap and put the headband on him to push back his hair away from his face. When she let go of the band it hit Shawn's forehead with a smack. "Ow! Geez, woman. Calm down." He joked rubbing his forehead.

Crystal giggled and swatted his hand away so she can proceed to cover his face in blue face mask. Shawn's hands rested on her hips as she spread face mask on his face. He watched her focused face. Sometimes her tongue would poke out when she made sure she covered the tricky spot by his nose. "All done! You look beautiful!" she said when she had finished.