Lifeline 🐙 Peter Parker

Start from the beginning

"Your gonna be ok, ok?" Peter whispered gently, his cheeks a little flustered and his voice was unsteady. Tony's helmet retracted from his face and he walked over to me slowly.

"Tell her she's gonna be ok.."

"Kid I-"

"Mr. Stark is she gonna be ok?!" Peter demanded an answer. I grabbed Peters wrist tightly, bringing his back to look at me. I felt a tear roll down my cheek as I mustered up the words in my head.

"W-Whatever happens, you'll still be my best friend right?" I asked. He smiled weakly with a nod. I smiled in return, tears flowing down peters cheeks.

I groaned in pain as the shard moved a little with my breathing.

"Come on we gotta get it out-"

"No dont! If you take it out she'll bleed to death"

"Then what do we do?!"

"THERES NOTHING YOU CAN DO KID!"

There was a silence in the room. My hands were turning cold and I couldn't feel my legs any more.

"Pete.."

"Yeah?"

"I don't wanna go.." (I'm not crying you are)

"Your not going anywhere" he whispered, kissing me on the head gently. He turned his head sharply towards Tony, resting my head down on the floor and standing up. His shaky hands rested on the shard between my skin and began to tug at it gently.

A scream left my lips as my back arched against the floor, blood beginning to seep through my suit. Peters eyes couldn't contain the tears as he listening to Y/N'r screams, evening letting out a yell himself as the blade came free.

Tony hoist me up in his arms before looking at Peter, his hands covered in blood. He gestured for Pete to follow as he shot up and out the building, and exhausted Peter following close behind.

A few hours have passed and Peter has been waiting patiently. As much as he needs to be, he can't be patient with himself. So many questions are running through his head it's hard to keep track of them at times. A firm hand landed on his shoulder from where he was sat, his head spinning to see Y/N's father, standing with a disappointed look on his face.

"What happened?" He asked as he sat down next to Peter. Peter shook his head, gulping heavily.

"W-we were just walking home a-and this gang of people jumped us I guess? I don't know it happened so fast" a tear rolled down peters cheek as he remembered what really happened. The look on her face.

Mark, Y/N's father, wrapped a comforting arm around the boy. As much as he too was feeling pain, he knew how much Y/N meant to him, both of them, but more him. He also knew how much Y/N needed him.

"Why don't you go and see her?"

"I'm not family, they won't let me in"

Mark took a deep breath before sighing.

"Come on"

Peter looked a little confused before getting up and following Mark through the waiting room. A nurse was stood by Y/N's door, who stopped the two abruptly before they could enter.

"Family members o-"

"I'm her father and this is her cousin, please. We need to see her" he asked, an arm still around Peters shoulder. The nurse was hesitant at first, but soon opened the door.

Y/N was hooked up to all sorts of machines, making Peters stomach turn upside down as they entered. He knew he had to be strong, for Y/N. She was lying on a white bed, her pale frame laying still, only her chest moving lightly to her breathing.

A hand traveled to her face as she removed her oxygen mask.

"Pete?" Her voice was rough and cracked, but it made Peter smile.

"I told you you weren't going anywhere" he smiled, planting another kiss on her lips this time as he walked over to her.