Chapter 55

"Are you absolutely sure that you want to know everything?" He asks. I force myself not to growl at him in anger. "I'm so sick and tired of all of these secrets and lies, Samuel. All of this mess needs to get resolved somehow..." I trail off. He gulps. He looks nervous. I know I'm nervous.

            "I don't even know where to start, Karrington." He sighs. "Why don't you sit down instead of pacing back and forth?" He suggests.  I freeze. I didn't realize I was still pacing back and forth. I nod and sit next to him on the couch. I notice that his body stiffins next to me.

             "I'm sitting down now." I announce to him with a heavy sigh. "Thanks for letting me know, captain obvious." He looks like he is fighting a smile. "It isn't funny, you idiot!" I yell. He looks down at the baby. "Ssssh. You will wake him up." He tells me. "Sorry." I whisper. I have so many pent up emotions that haven't been let out of their cage.

                Like clock work, Mrs. Richardson peeks her head into the living room. "Do you want me to bring the baby to his crib?" She asks her son. Samuel looks down at the tiny baby boy that is sleeping in his arms. "If you don't mind, mom." He says, sounding somewhat relieved. "I don't mind at all." She walks over towards us to get the baby from Samuel. She sends us a small smile over her shoulder as she leaves the room carrying the baby.

          "I guess you can yell now...if you want." He tells me with a small smirk on his face. I narrow my eyes at him and scoot myself on the couch so that I am facing directly towards him. I sit criss cross applesauce. "Can you please be serious, Samuel?" I groan. The smirk falls off of his face and he frowns. "I never meant to hurt you, Karrington." Yeah...that's what they all say. I think to myself. "Why did you kiss me?" I blurt out. His eyes widen. He wasn't expecting that question. "Because I wanted to." He tells me. I notice his eyes dart to my lips ,quickly, and then right back up to my face.

            "Why haven't you contacted me?" I ask. "I did." He whispers. I roll my eyes. "That was only once and it was cryptic." I tell him. "Karrington, why would you want me to contact you when I have all of this going on with your sister?" He asks, sounding aggravated. I gulp. That's a question that I wasn't expecting and I'm not quite sure how to answer it.

*******************************************
Hello my loves. I'm sorry that I haven't been uploading a lot lately. I've been so busy with life, work, college, and my family. I plan to take out more take for my writing because it is my ultimate dream job.