One Shot #2

-summary-

Dick and Charlottes first fight

--

It was well past midnight and Dick was still awake as he stared at his ceiling. He had tossed and turned all night but his mind was running a millions miles a second. Sitting up he leaned his back against his head board staring at the picture that was directly across from him on his wall. It was a large picture of Charlie grinning happily at the camera. He had taken it when they had been at the zoo for a date.

Just thinking of the girl had him back in a mood.

They had just had their first fight. Well first fight as a couple. It was dumb and neither of them would be able to tell you how it started or what it was really about but neither were going to back down.

Each of them had thrown some petty words at the other and then with an explosive ending Charlie had stormed out of the caves common room and dashed to her room with Artemis and Meghan in tow. Wally had tried to talk to him but all he wanted to do was take his frustrations out on the nearest punching bag. Which he did for the next two hours before deciding to hit the showers.

He hated this. Hated knowing that she was probably in her room alone possibly feeling like he was. She was his girl, his person. Any time she was sad, he felt it and despised the feeling.

He didn't know it could get worse but knowing he was the one to cause it made it 10 times worse. He was ready to get out of bed to go knock on her door and apologize when a tapping on his door caught his attention.

He quickly stood up and opened it, revealing the blonde that was currently occupying his thoughts. Her eyes were red as if she had been crying which only made his heart clinch more.

"Hi," she said softly as she looked at her hands that were playing with the hem of the sweater she was wearing. It was one of his.

"Hi," he whispered back.

"Are you still mad?" She asked with a quiver of her lip. Her eyes glossing over with unshed tears.

"No, you?" He aswered and watched as she shook her head quickly. Grabbing her hand he swiftly pulled her to his chest with a sigh of relief.

"I'm sorry," she whispered while tightening her grip.

"Me too," his voice was soft as he led her to his bed, shutting his door on the way. "I hated fighting with you, if I'm being honest I don't even know what we were fighting about," he confessed.

"Me neither. I was just so angry but Arty and Meg calmed me down and I just realized that I loved you to much to stay angry in my room alone," the couple laid down in the bed and cuddled close together, savering the moment. "Let's promise, next time we fight, we don't walk away. We stay and we work it out," Charlie whispered into his chest, her tone was so vulnerable as she finally looked up st him.

"That sounds good to me, I promise," she gave him a sweet smile before leaning forward, kissing him softly.

"Good, now let's get some sleep. I'm exhausted, I can never sleep with out you," she confessed and was happy when he voiced his agreement.

The two teens went to bed happy that night, for once a problem was fixed with out having to punch their way to the solution.

--

How'd y'all like it?

Any request for a one shot of Charlie and Dick?

-comment-

-vote-