Chapter 9

Hey guys here's the update hope you like it!
__________________________________________________________________

Charlie's P.O.V.

The greeting with the others was very similar to the last many tears hugs and more tears. It felt amazing to be reunited with all my family. They told me of everything that had been happening but the one thing that was weird was I didn't see Kaldur or Artemis. Everyone was spread out through the room talking and keeping one eye on me like I would get up and die again. Well I didn't really die last time but hey they still don't know what all happened.

"Hey where's Artemis and Kaldur?" I asked no one in particular. Every one in the room tensed some faces were grief filled will others filled with anger. I instantly regretted asking but the terror I felt that would come with the answer scared me the worst. I felt NightWing tense his arms which were wrapped around me from behind his head that was rested on my shoulder snapped up.

"Charlie maybe we shouldn't talk about this hear..." He said hesitantly.

"Talk about what?" I was confused but I needed to know what was going on. Being in the dark was something I hated the most.

"Char please ju-"

"No. Tell me where they are." I said my eyes hardening. My face showing that I meant business.

"Come with me..."he said pulling me towards my room away from the looks of pity everyone was throwing me. I follows behind him obediently.
Once we interned my room he walked me to the bed sitting down I follow his lead.

"Charlie there is a new threat there called the reach. They are teaming up with the light to inslave the human race. In order for everyone to be safe we needed to be able to counter there moves and everything that they did. Kaldur went first...undercover. He found out his father is apart of the light and was easy for him to make the switch he made it believable and they excepted him. But, but they didn't except him they said he had to prove himself and he did. Artemis agreed to come out of retirement that she and Wally went into for college. They faked it but he...he had to fake killing her. Everyone out there thinks that she is dead so that it's more believable but Charlie I needed you to know that we wouldn't do this if we didn't have to. The only other person that knows is Wally no one else can know." I took in everything that he said and even if all of this was an act it still brought tears to my eyes. How could so much have happened and I was stuck in a cell. I was angry at the reach and the light, I was angry at the people that took me but most of all I was angry with myself I could have done something or been hear to help but I was useless...dead. I didn't deserve any of the love everyone out there was offering or of the person sitting next to me. I stood needing to get free of this small space. Opening my door I walked out to were the crowd of people were waiting. My face was like a statue not showing any emotion but in my eyes which were storming. I learned this from my dad the ability to not show emotion helped in many ways but it could get you killed that much easier to. I stopped and scanned all the faces sympathy and sadness in there eyes. Dick came up from behind he put his hand out to touch me but i side stepped his hand. Walking to the side everyone's eyes were still focused on me.

"Since your all here and I don't like to repeat myself I will tell you all what happened." Closing my eyes I began my story.

-flash back-

"Robin come on bats said we can go." I said to him. I had just gotten dressed back into my civilian cloths and was ready to go to the movies. Swinging down from his perch he landed with a soft thud next to me. He was still dressed out in his suit and was making his way to me. Putting both his arms around my waist he pulled me softly to him.

"Oh come on we can think of something more fun then the movies. How abou-"

"Uh uh I have wanted to see this chanting Tatum movie for weeks you can wait." I said defiantly. "I mean seriously have you seen those abs I mean good god!" His face screwed up in a scowl and he back me up to a wall.

"Charlie probably not the best thing to say to your boyfriend." He practically growled out into my neck. He kissed it roughly making a shiver shot up my spine. He smirked but continued probably leaving a mark. Greet now I have to explain this to dad.

"Hmm what do we have hear? A little super hero and his girlfriend" the voice startled us out of our daze. Looking up I saw at least 15 men with odd looking guns that looked almost alien. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I couldn't fight... I wasn't in my suit they would find out our identities if I did anything. Robin must have realized this because he instantly went into a defensive stance in front of me. I felt useless at the moment.

"We just want the girl that's all." He said smirking.

"Over my dead body." Robin said a deathly tone in his voice. They took this as a signal to attack and started to shot dodging there shots he weaves out of the way and took down at least 7 in the first minute using pure anger as his drive. But I could tell he was slowing from a wound in his right leg. One of them must have had a knife on them and used it to slash his leg leaving a deep gash. He took down another 6 leaving leaving 2 more, the head guy and one more with a gun.

I didn't notice but he had grabbed me from behind. I felt a cold metal meet my forehead. The barrel of his gun rested on my temple. I was so wrapped up in making sure Robin didn't get hurt that I wasn't aware of anything else. Robin took down the last guy when he looked up. Fury in his eyes he took a step forward.

"Take another step and I'll put a bullet strait threw her pretty little head." He instantly stopped in his step his it's shacking hard.

"Now I'm going to take her and your not gunna follow me or else she gets it." I was sick of his talking and brought my elbow up nailing him in the stomach. He released me which I quickly turned and moved away. Coughing he aimed his gun at me.

"You little bitch. Your lucky I can't kill you yet.. But I can hurt you." Pointing his gun down he shot it. A pain rushed through my stomach as the bullet ripped through it and out the back. I collapsed to the ground on impact. Dick made a move to run to me but he turned the gun on him another shot rang out. He fell to the ground holding his leg.

"ROBIN!" I yelled but was silenced with kick to my stomach which shot pain throughout my body. He looked at me pain evident in his eyes but still he tried to stand to come to me.

"And just so you can follow us." The man walked over and shot his other leg. Tears were streaming down my face as I watched helplessly holding into my stomach trying to stop the bleeding.

"robin.." I whispers out tears blurring my vision. The man kicked him in the stomach 3 times causing him to cough.

"Stop it! You'll kill him!" He paid me no attention. Finally he landed a kick in his unguarded face causing blood t fly from his mouth.

"STOP!" I screamed my voice horse. He looked down at me and smirked. He picked me up roughly causing a strangled scream to fall out of my mouth as I was carried away from Dick. The other hench men had all recovered and gotten up walking out of the ally. I was taken and thrown in a van and tied up immediately. No one else was in the back but the one that had cause me all this pain so far. He smiled like a Cheshire car at me. As I got a closer look I noticed that he was defiantly not human. My eyes widened at this. What did they want. We continued on till we came to a abandon building. Pulled roughly from were I was sitting slowly bleeding out I was dragged into the building and up a flight of stares till i was in a room with a camera pointed directly at the chair in the middle of the room. I was sat on it and tide to it my stomach wound opening more from this position making fresh tears spring to my eyes.

-flash back pause-

I stopped my story and looked up to see that I still held all there attention. Many had tears in there eyes probably from hearing all the details and having to remember everything.

"They live streamed a video of them torturing me for an hour to the Justice League... They all saw everything that they did to me. I-I couldn't even untie my own binds to fight them...I was weak useless. I am weak and useless. I caused so much pain because I was so stupid." Some tried to speak to argue agains what I said but I shock them off not believing anything they said. Letting a breath out I continued.

-flash back continues-

They tortured me for what felt like hours. Trying to get screams out of me. I knew that everyone was watching this at the cave. Somehow they hacked in the video and made it project on the screens there. I yelled out robins location at on point so they would now to go save him. This earned me a knife in the leg that sat there now bleeding profusely. I was getting dizzy and light headed. I could fell the darkness coming and fought it off.

-switch to cave-

Everyone watched the screen as she was tortured. Her cry of pain killed them all. They had been searching for her location but came up with nothing. One of the men walked in front of the camera his smile was evil and malicious.

"We hope you were all as entertained as us. But we really have to run. Well leave the girl here of course." He smirked another man grabbed the camera putting it on her. Slapping her across the face he woke her. Her eyes glazed over but anger was evident in them.

"Do you have anything to say to them Ms. Wayne?" He said tauntingly.

"Go to hell." She practically whispered her voice so faint.

"Hmm guess not well were off." He said walking out the door before he was fully out he popped his head in. " oh and I left a little present for you." He said laughing sending chills down everyone's spines who were watching. The camera panned over showing something that maid all there hearts stop.

A bomb was attached to the back of her chair. She was to weak at the moment to even lift her head but her face stayed Stoney. Her eyes betrayed her though. They were etched with terror sorrow and pain. A single tear slipped down her face. She had held them in when the torture started but now she couldn't anymore. Robin had been brought in in the middle of the whole thing and immediately treated. Luckily the bullets didn't hit anything important so they only had to stitch him up. His eyes were glue to the screen pain and anguish on his face he was sat in a chair not being able to walk at the moments. When they all saw the bomb various reactions were shown but Batmans was arguable the worst. He punched a wall ripping his mask of at the time everyone already knew his identity. Tears were in his eyes as he put his head in his hands shacking.

"Not my little girl... please." He kept whispering this hoping it would change something.

The video camera cut to the outside of the building were the man was again. Smiling he held up a remote. Terror swept threw the room of heros.

"no no no no no" Robin kept whispering his head was shaking. But his eyes never left the screen. A commotion was heard from the side of the room.

"WE FOUND THE LOCATION!" flash yelled across the room he had been searching the whole time desperate to find the girl he considered his niece.

Like the man heard him he spoke.
"To late." His finger slowly pressed the button.

Bomb

"NO!" Was chorused throughout the cave.

-flash back ends-

"And that's how you all think I died. But I didn't I wish I did every day I was stuck in that hell whole I wish I was." I put my head down In shame. Dick came over trying to hug me but I maneuvered out of the way. He stopped looking dejected.

"They took me out of the building right after they turned off the camera and took me out I was put in a van and taken to a facility they healed me enough so I wouldn't die but not enough to totally fix me. They put a collar on me to shock me if I got out of line. But I blocked my powers so I could do nothing. It slowly drained me of any strength I had and the constant beatings didn't help. They wanted all of your identities. They almost killed me every time but kept me alive sadly. But you know what happened after that..." I glanced up at blue beetle and wonder girl nodding a thanks in there general.

"Charlie..." I didn't want to be touched I was broken and I couldn't be fixed.

"Every one needs to leave." His voice was so serious everyone exited quickly.

"We need to talk."

____________________________________________________________________

Hey y'all hope you liked it!

*vote*

*comment*

*charlierose*