One Shot #3

This is how Charlie and Dick would have meet if she wasn't adopted by Bruce.

------

It was raining in Gotham and with the temperature being a crisp 37 and dropping everyone was inside. Everyone but the young girl, maybe 16 sprinting down the street. She was covered in blood and cuts, bruises littering her body. Wind whipped through her hair violently as she turned her head to check behind her.

She had escaped the psycho clown after two months of being in his 'care'. The joker wanted a daughter, a weapon that would follow his every command. Sadly He had chosen her, it wasn't a surprise if Charlie was being honest with herself. After becoming an orphan at the young age of 4, the girl had been in the orphanage for the past 12 years until a man and woman came in requesting to adopt her. She was excited but weary, she was older so it wasn't common for girls around her age to find a family. The couple that got her were skittish and nervous but she chalked it up to nerves due to her feeling the same way.

She had gotten into the car with them but once they started going into the district of Gotham that she should have been in she started to get nervous. They pulled into an abandoned parking lot that was shrouded by darkness. The couple got out of the car, Charlie waited inside confused till the man opened her door.

"Get out," he demanded, she hesitated which only made him angry. Grabbing her arm, she was retched out of the car and pulled outside.

"Let go of me!" She was never a meek girl and was never one to take being man handled.

"Shut up," The woman snapped as two black SUVs pulled into the parking lot. The doors swiftly opened and men flooded out taking a guarded stance waiting for their boss to appear.

"What's going on?" Charlie whispered as she tried to pull her arm out of the man's grip. The woman noticed the man start to struggle and took her other arm but Charlie fought harder. Throwing her head back she felt the man's nose shatter against the back of her skull. Letting go of her he grabbed his face with a yelp of shock.

"Your gonna pay for that, you little bitch," standing at his full height he looked ready to rush her till an evil cackle sang out in the night.

"Well aren't you feisty," Charlie turned towards the voice and felt her blood run cold. She lived in Gotham her whole life, there wasn't a chance in hell that she didn't know who this man was.

"Joker," she chocked out backing away quickly.

"Don't be scared," he said with a maniacal grin. "I'm your new daddy," he gave a loud laugh as he watched the young girls face turn white with fear. Walking towards her frozen figure he pet her blonde curls.

It was after that, that the girl's life truly ended. Joker tested any chemical he wanted on the girl in an attempt to turn her into some freak mutant. After a month of the test and torture he finally got the reaction he wanted. Her eyes bleed red, fangs and claws now accenting her look when she had any spike of emotion.

He treated her like a pet that he could beat any time but expect love in return. He demanded she called him some sort of name that referred to him as her father.

The next month was spent planning her escape. She was stronger than they realized, deadlier too. Every time he tested her she purposely acted weaker then she was. Her next plan was to fake Stockholm syndrome and gain his trust. It was harder then she thought due to him being a psychopath who trusted nothing except the voices in his head.

Running down the side walk she heard him call her name loudly with a cackle. She heard the rumbling of an engine and knew he would catch up to her soon if she didn't find a place to hide.