Chapter 49

The room was dark well at least I think it was a room as I felt around the walls. Suddenly a flash of light erupted in the room and I saw red on the walls with objects placed on it. Another flash came and I saw a steal chair with metal cuffs and chains on it something was on it but I couldn't tell. A third flash shot through the darkness but this time the light staid illuminating the dark room. And just like that I wished the lights had never came on. The red on the walls was blood, the objects on the walls were whips, knives, and other painful looking items. My eyes though weren't stuck on that. They were stuck on the blonde who was chained to a chair. Blood covered her on every inch of her body, large gashes oozing it. A strangled noise left my lips as I looked at her. She looked like me, she was me.

Her head slowly raised and shocking blue eyes meet my identical ones. This wasn't possible, this just didn't happen. Suddenly a large figure stepped came out of nowhere to stand behind her.

"Let's continue shall we meat," the large black creature croaked out evilly.

"Go fuck yourself," her voice was strained and sounded in pain but she sounded so strong at the same time.

My train of thought was suddenly cut short when I saw the knife in his hand. Bringing it over he sliced her cheek open taking the blade away he started carving into her arm as she stayed quiet. Pulling away he admired his work as she kept her mouth shut but painfully bit her lip.

The carving red 'all meat shall die'. A sudden pain hit my arm making me gasp. Looking down I saw that the exact same words were now carved in my arm but this time mine were older they covered my arm like a scar, a battle wound.

Before I was able to comprehend more I felt like I was fainting. Falling into the darkness I noticed a bright light that began to ingulf me.

And suddenly I was awake...it was all a dream.

"Are you ok," I heard Dick whisper from next to me in the hospital chair.

"I'm not sure," I said quietly. "I don't know..my dream was so weird." I confessed confused.

"What happened," he said softly while stroking the top of my hand that he was holding.

"I was in a white room and there was blood on the walls and a girl in a chair getting tortured by this black creature maybe an alien I don't know but the girl she looked like me...I think it was me, but the thing carved something into my arm and then I woke up." Dick got an odd look on his face as he looked at me.

"Charlie do you remember what it said?" He asked slowly.

"all meat shall die, I don't understand," I said hesitantly.

"Charlie that wasn't a dream," he said quietly while grabbing my sleeve and pulling it up. There on my arm was carved the words that had just scarred my dream. "It was a memory," it was so faint but you could make out just what it said.

"A memory," I choked out softly. "What was that,"

"Charlie would you except the answer, it's better if you don't know?" Shaking my head he sighed running a hand through his raven locks. "You were taken for three years, they wanted all of our identities and thought you knew them when you weren't off being a superhero. They tortured you and tried to get you to talk but they would never let up. Charlie we thought you were dead," he sounded so sad, so in pain. Sitting up I wrapped my arms around him a stroked his back softly whispering soothing words of comfort. "I'm fine," he said but excepted my affection. "I'm sorry that, that was what you had to remember but on the bright side at least you remembered something," he tried to joke lamely so I pity laughed.

"Well I guess that's a plus," I said with a sigh. Leaning my head forward I rested it on his shoulder. "So tell me about me," I stated with a quirky smile. I heard a deep chuckle come from him.