Chapter 48

Waking up without your memory's suck, waking up without your memories but having a hella fine husband sucks just a little less. I didn't really understand everything the doctors tried to tell me all I could focus on at the time were the two little rings that were spinning around on my finger. I had a slight idea who they belonged to and who had given them to said person.

At the moment I stood in front of the waiting room doors scared out of my wits to open a dang door but the looks on the man's face that supposedly was my husband brought some determination to me. I felt a sense of confidence and almost instinctively grabbed his hand while lacing our fingers together shocking not only him but myself.

Letting out a breath I pushed the doors open to reveal a very crowded waiting room. Everyone was immediately on their feet looking ready to haul ass to get to where I stood. People began to shout my name and I fell back into Dick slightly cowering into him all my confidence lost as I stared fearfully at the large group of people.

"What's wrong, why does she look so scared," a women with pretty blue eyes and blonde hair asked. Her voice seemed strained like she had been crying.

Dick looked down at me and gave my hand a reassuring squeeze. Closing my eyes I just breathed for a moment. As I opened them I spoke, "I don't remember any of you, I didn't even know my name up until 10 minutes ago," I looked around seeing shock written all over their faces, some turned to anger while others just looked depressed. A small green child was crying in the arms of a teary eyed red head. My eyes widened slightly in confusion. "I know it sucks trust me but I want to remember all of you. I just don't." I finished my voice practically a whisper.

"I'm Roy," a red head with what looked to be a permanent scowl stated stepping up. "I'm your big brother in every way but blood," his voice was sad as he moved away slightly letting a few other introduce themselves. They all went down the line and I tried hard to remember their names and how I was acquainted with them.

"well it's nice to meet all of you... again I guess but I think I need to go back to my room," I said rushing the words out as I be lined it out of there leaving them all shocked. I was having an issue breathing I felt like my lungs were collapsing because of all the stress I felt trying to remember the people in the room. I felt my walls crumble as tears began to fall down my cheeks. It was all just too much I guess. A knock outside my door caught my attention making me try to quickly wipe my eyes and compose myself before telling them to come in.

Dick stepped in and shut the door behind him quickly and took a few hesitant steps towards my bed till he must have decided to just go all the way. He stooped next to it and sat down at the end of my feet. My knees were curled to my chest so he wasn't far at all.

"I'm sorry we shouldn't have had you meet them all at once. It was a dumb idea I know but I just thought for a second that maybe if you saw them all you might remember everything." He sounded so bitter and in pain.

"It's ok," I said wrapping my arms around my legs. "I want to remember too,"
Shuffling to the side a bit I patted the spot next to me. "Will you cuddle with me?" I said with a small smile trying to cheer him up a little. My question earned me a laugh and a nod as he lay next to me. Placing my head on his chest I listened to his steady heartbeat.

"How did we meet," I asked suddenly.

"Well your dad took me in when my parents died when I was eight. You were standing on the front steps of your house waiting and I saw the biggest smile on your face. I fell in love with that smile right on the spot." He spoke with a chuckle and kissed my forehead making me give a small grin and blush lightly.

"You were so happy to meet me and wanted to be my friend. You thought I was awesome because I was in the circus,"

"You were in the circus," I said raising an eyebrow with a little lopsided smile.