Teaser

Feet pounding on the wet pavement was all he heard as he ran, faster and faster away from the truth. It hurt, it hurt so much that the thought of death appealed to his broken heart. The rain the was showering down on him disguised his tear stained face as he sprinted down the quiet streets.

No one was following him but he felt the demons of his past licking at his heals. Running never helped he thought, because this wasn't something that he could escape.

This wasn't like the deadly missions he went on where escaping was his specialty. No this was deadlier then any villain he'd faced. This was the pain so sharp in his chest that his breath was caught in his throat. This pain was eternal an had been constant for three years, it would never go away and he knew it.

Slowing his sprint as he ended up on a familiar path he felt his feet move towards the place he found himself when he was at his lowest. It was so natural to go to her when he hurt that even in death she was who he went to.

Knees giving out he collapsed in front of the large stone, a sob leaving his lips as he gripped he top of the rock. His forehead leaned against its cold wet surface as he read the words that he knew by heart.

'Charlotte Rose Wayne, Daughter and Friend. 1995 - 2012' a small quote that she always said was written into then stone and also on the left side of his rib cage.

'Pain is real, but so is hope,'

He sat for an hour letting his tears slowly stop, shaking his head he let a small humorless laugh out.

"You've been gone for three years Charlie, and I still can't bring myself to be happy because your not with me anymore. You always had that effect on me you know. Making me go crazy because of how much I loved you, it's not fair," leaning against the tomb stone he sighed. "It's not fair at all" he whispered.

Standing up slowly he wiped his hands on his soaking wet sweatpants before patting the stone.

"Same time next week babe?" He joked to thin air making his throat feel like it was closing as he turned and walked away.

'Nightwing your needed at the cave,' a buzz in his ear spoke making him snap to attention.

"I'm on my way," he said gruffly before disappearing in the night, the only thing on his mind was a little blonde who held his heart all the way to her death bed.

A few hundred miles away a girl sat in a dirty cement corner clutching a locket for dear life. No tears feel from her eyes anymore, not having the strength to cry.

"I miss you," she whispered softly as she looked at the picture of the raven haired boy who held her heart.

The cold chilled her to the bone as she felt nothing, no happiness, no hope, nothing. After three years of hell she felt her emotions slowly fade as she became an empty shell. Her soul hung on by a string clutching to be the person she used to be.

A shock of light in her dark prison made her squint knowing what was coming next she tensed.  A man in a lab coat with a sinister smile made her cringe on the inside. His skin was inhuman and practically glowed as his alien features came into view.

"Well I believe it's time for one of our daily visits, my sweet," her jaw locked knowing that hell was real and she was living in it.
"Well let's not dally, it's time to have some fun!"

Outside of a large building in a secluded forest a scream pierced the air making birds fly from trees and small creatures hide. Like clock work everyday the forest was silent, every sunset a scream would pierce the air followed by others.

Everyday for three years.

----------------------

Ok so I need lots of feed back because I need to know what you guys like so I can make the best story for all of you so comments are definantly wanted!!! I love all of your wonderful souls!

-Charlierose