Chapter 5

I wasn't in view yet and decided to wait for the two to explain everything that had happened in the past hour.
I caught the last bit of there conversation and listened closer.

" and she took out atkeast 20 guards! I'm not sure how long she's been there but I would guess long because her reaction to even going outside was quite serious." blue said quickly.

"she even knew about the cave and was totally calm on the bioship she even looked like she knew what was going to happen when she stepped in like she had been there before." Wonder girl said pickin off were blue left off.

"maybe we should call nighwing and batman in on this one. I'm still not the best at interigation..." a voice said obviously female.

"that's a good idea."

Hearing about my father brought excitement to me but also many other emotions like worry and fear. I knew my death had effected them how could it not I was..am his child. Curiosity was also evident in my emotions. Not knowing who this nightwing character was but guessing I would find out soon.

"where is she after all"

"she is in the bioship probably listing to everything we are saying." imediatly I recognized this voice and a smile washed over my face and happy tears came to my eyes. Putting a hand over my mouth a small laugh left my lips. As much as I wanted to run into his arms i waited still unsure off how to start all of this off. Taking a leap of faith I continued down the steps but hung my head making my hair fall over my face. Not being allowed a shower on a weekly bases ment my hair was darkend by dirt and sweet making it unrecognizable. I made it to the bottom of the stairs and stepped towards the group my head still hanging. I stopped a good 10 feet away from them.

"hello welcome to mount justice we are here to help my name is Super Bo-" I cut him off swiftly.

"save the introduction Con I know." I said this but still didn't lift my head waiting for the perfect moment. I always was one for dramatics.

"how do you know who I am?"

"better question how do you not know who i am? Can you not recognize my voice or have I been gone that long?" I stated looking up finally showing my face and getting a better look at the crowd scanning it with my watery ocean blue eyes.

"imposible.." he whispered.

A sob was heard from farther back in the crowd who were near the ship. Turning to it I saw it was the Martian I considered a sister. Her hand covered her mouth as her eyes were closed sobs raking her body. Colappsing to the ground her crys got louder.

"what did you do to her!" a fish like boy yelled charging at me. Before I reacted a small body threw themself infront of me.

"NO!" I instantly recognized the voice as beast boy. "get away from her lagoon boy!"

The one who was known as lagoon boy stopped in his charge looking stuned and confused much like Many others. The fish boy sank back as the boy continued to glare at any who he thought could be a threat.

A rough voice began to speak as he continued his glaring. "Your dead. We saw it they killed you." Connor finally spoke his fist shaking his eyes getting glassy with unwanted tears. he put his head down shaking it slowly. When he looked back up to me my heart died a little at the lost look.

"I'm not. God I can't tell you how often I wished I was but no I'm not dead." at my declaration a body slamed into me making me have to plant my foot to not fall. Arms were wrapped around my waist as small crys came from the boy cling to me. Bending down I hugged the young green child to my chest letting a few tears escape my eyes as well.

"what is going on!" fish boy yelled quite rudly.

"I'll explain when bats and nightwhatever gets here. As I explained to you comrades here I don't like to repeat myself." I said sassily back tired of this boys rudeness.

"yes well I want some answers!" once again rudly speaking out of hand.

"patents is key the sooner you learn that the better, boy." i practicly spat the words out.

"lady I don't know who you think you are bu-"

"it's not who I think I am it's who I really am and who I am will be explained soon unless you would like a demonstration on how to put a rude child in there place." I stated.

"oh it's definantly you Charlie." Connor finally said. As he said this he began to walk towards me. Detaching garfield from my waist I took of and jumped into the boy I considered my older brothers awaiting arms. he practicly crushed me to him but being as I was not human it didn't really effect me that much.

"wait you know this lady!"

"this lady has a name it's Charlie use it." I snapped back tired of this scaled teens comments. "god he's worse then roy." This earned me a chuckle. I felt dampness on my sholder where Cons head was and turned my head to see the boy of steel come undone at the seams. More tears flowed down his face.

"3 god damn years Charlie. 3. You don't even get how much we missed you." he said quietly bering his head in my shoulder. After a minute he whipped his eyes a bit and detached himself from me. "I'm really happy your not dead sis."

"oh bubu you always had a way with words" i said smirking a bit threw the tears that hadn't stopped since hugging Gar. Turning I saw looks of utter shock on all the heros faces. Nun had every seen superboy show that much emotion before. I looked back to where megan was still crying on the floor. Seeing this I practicly ran to her side stoping on the floor next to her. Once I was situated her arms shot out bringing me into another bone crushing hug and managing to bring more tears to my eyes.

"please say this Is real! Please! I can't handle having another dream like this." the Martian sobbed not letting up on her hold.

"it's real Meg. I'm right here. See you can feel my thoughts rushing to your head and my hand on yours I'm as real as it gets." I said into her neak quietly not releasing her in the slightest possible tighting my arms a bit to get my point across.

We sat on the ground clutching each other for another 2 minutes till someone awkwardly cleared there throat. Looking up i finally looked around to see all the new faces.

"I know Connor Megan and Garfield but what are all of your names?" I said trying to ease some of the tension from the room.

"I'm wonder girl but I guess you already knew that...." She said finishing awkwardly.

"Um well I'm bumble bee." A girl in. A black and yellow costume said to me.

"I like the suit looks like mine." I said nodding my head.

"Thanks!" Bumble bee said cheerily.

Looking up I saw something that made my breath catch. I wasn't sure how to take this one.

"Hi I'm batgirl..." She trailed of at the end when she noticed the stare.

Connor must have noticed what was getting to me and decided to step in.

"Charlie it's not what you think she isn't his." He said quickly.

"Good cause he's mine." I stated. Yes I was possessive of my father he was mine...and dicks but I'm ok with sharing with him....ok I just don't like that she's a girl. If he adopted another girl i would like it. I'm daddy's little girl his only little girl but he can have as many boys as he wants.

The others that didn't know me looked utterly confused but let it slide remembering that they would get answers later.

"And I'm robin."

This information hit me like a ton of bricks. I didn't know what to think again and I hated that. Looking at Megan this time I asked her the one question that could probably make or break me right now. Whispering so only she would hear I asked "Megan please just tell me is he dead..."

"NO!" She yelled out quickly the quieter she said "no. he's not dead he just got a new...look...Charlie a lot has changed sense you died...left."

Relief washed over me to know that the original robin wasn't replaced because of death. He just as Megan put it changed his look.

Silence over took the room as everyone looked around wondering what was going to happen and probably wondering who I really am.

The Zeta beam announced an arrival breaking the silence.

"Batman B01 NightWing B07" it started to light up showing two figures.

"Here goes nothing." I said standing up with Miss M ready to get this show on the road.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well there you go:)

*vote*

*comment*

*charlierose*