Chapter 35

Dick P.O.V.

178 hours 37 minutes and 49 seconds. That's how long it's been sense I've seen Charlie.

I've been pulling my hair out trying to find her only getting about 2 hours of sleep over the past few days. Megan did a telepathic sweep throughout the world and didn't detect her anywhere so we brought in Zatanna and Dr. Fate hoping they would have some insight to our problem. Once again they got nothing.

My thoughts were interrupted by a hand placing something in front of me. My head snapped up as I made eye contact with Artemus. Glancing at what she put in front of me I noticed it was some food.

"You need to eat." She demanded.

"In not hungry."

"I don't care," she said her eyes flaring. "And what would Charlie say if she saw you like this," she said gesturing towards me. "Actually never mind I know she would kick your ass after shoving food down your throat."

Deciding against fighting with the ferocious blonde I picked up the sandwich and took a small bite. Once it entered my mouth I realized how long it's been since I've eaten. Scarfing the rest of it quickly. I lifted my head to meet the shocked eyes of Artemus.

"I didn't think I would see anyone eat something as fast as Wally but, I guess there's a first for everything." She said with a slight laugh and a smile. My lip slightly twitched but I didn't change my demeanor much. This didn't go unnoticed by Artemus apparently. Sighing he walked over towards me plopping in the seat next to me.

"She's my best friend too." Her voice shook uncharacteristically. Turning I saw a tear slide down her face but she whipped it away so quickly I could have imagined it. She looked ready to say something too but a large crash was heard coming from the training room. Bolting up we both booked it there meeting the rest of the team on the way. Sliding in I felt my heart go straight to my feet.

"Charlie!" I was frozen as I just looked at her. The others ran forward but I couldn't move. There she payed on the ground blood covered almost every inch of her, but I couldn't tell were in had come from. Her eyes were closed shut and she was wearing her suit but no mask.

"Dick!" Connor was shaking me as I just stared bringing back to earth. Snapping back to reality I ran over collapsing by her side. "I can hear her heart heat...it's strong." I breath I didn't know I was holding left me.

Lifting her softly I cared her silently to the medbay. Walking straight into the showers I turned it on not even bothering to strip either of us of our clothes. The warm water turned rusty colored after washing off of her slowly making her soft creamy skin show.

Her eyes suddenly fluttered open focusing on my face. "Dick?" She said softly lifting one of her hands to touch me cheek. A small smile came to her face as she put her head back on my chest and reclosed her eyes. "I missed you," she stated quietly.

Nodding softly in agreement I kissed the top of her head.

"Where'd you go,"I asked equally quiet.

"I can't tell you yet but one day you'll know," she paused for a moment. "Just know that I'm safe and I'm back," taking what I could get out of her cryptic answer I reaching down with her still secure in my arms I

Turned the water off and grabbed a towel to try to dry us off but failing miserably. A soft giggle from Charlie was like music to my ears as she turned slightly in my arms and flipping gracefully out of them with a wink.

"Neither of us are going to get dry in these clothes," she stated.

"then by all means strip," I said leaning agains the counter top the was in the bathroom a slight smirk on my face.