Chapter 30

"Dunanannanaana tweety!" I whispered as I rolled across the floor of the kitchen trying to be stealthy. The girls giggled softly behind me but we all shushed each other. Here let me back it up for you.

Tonight was girls night and we told the guys we would be back by midnight and let's face it NightWing is as protective as a mother bear. Us girls went dancing while the guys probably stayed in brooding over us rejecting them from joining us.

The club was crazy and we all had a good time. Me Megan Rocket and Zetanna, were all just a tensy wensy bit tipsey. What it's not like we got shit faced or anything! Gosh stop judging me! Oh god I'm talking to myself again! This is why I don't let Rocket order my drinks she always gives me the strong stuff.

Currently it was 3 in the morning and everyone was just going to crash at the cave. Not wanting to get caught we snuck in threw the bay doors. At the moment we were all giggling messes trying to stay quiet.

Suddenly the lights in the kitchen flicked on making all of us let out girlish screams. Popping up from our crouches we all took fighting stances. But to be honest they were terrible in out tipsey state.

"Charlotte Rose Wayne do you have any idea how worried we were for all of you!" I heard Dicks voice boom threw the kitchen. All of our stances dropped as we sighed in relief at not having to fight anyone...well physically; we all knew this was gunna be like World War III up in here.

"Were fine babe!" I said but my words were slightly slurred. He stared at me oddly and then shock his head.

"Are you guys drunk?"

"No" we all responded except Megan who said it but was nodding her head up and down signaling yes.

"Megan!" We all whisper yelled at her.

"Oh right..noooo..." She said smiling like she finally got it. Yep she was drunk.

Connor sighed and stepped forward picking the Martian up and throwing her over his shoulder lightly. "Come on it's bed time for you." Megan groaned but made no move to get out of his grip. Connor turned to walk out of the room giving us full view of Megan who was passed out now on his shoulder. Psh light weight. Smirking slightly I turned back to the remaining people. Seeing Dicks heated glare directed at me the other girls quickly excused themselves muttering something about getting to bed but there laughter gave them away.

"We are perfectly capable of taking care of ourselves." I stated since he wasn't making any move to break the silence.

"I know that." He stated gruffly.

"And we are full grown women we can do what we want with out your permission." I said defiantly.

"I also know that." He said again.

"Well then why were you mad?" I said exasperatedly.

"You could have called..." He said in a softer time not making eye contact. "I get worried..."

Looking at him a bit longer I finally
Let out a groan while stomping over to him. Wrapping my arms around him and placed my head on his chest. His arms automatically were around me holding to me like a life line.

"You make me feel like a bitch sometimes you know that?" I said with a small laugh and a teasing smile.

"All in a days work." He said placing his chin on-top of my head. We stayed like this for a minute till my stomach growled announcing it's presence to the world with a mightily rumble.

"Hm all that dancing made me hungry." I stated detaching myself from him. "Wanna a snack too?"

"Nah I'm good." He said waving me off.

Gathering fruit I placed it on the counters ready to make one for the few things I could in a kitchen which was just chopped fruit in a bowl. Looking in all the drawers for a knife I found nothing. Confusion crossed my face as I looked at Dick who's face held an odd emotion.

"Babe were are the knifes?"

Biting his lip he looked up at me. "I have no idea." He chuckled darkly at the end like it was a joke only he would understand.

"You said that like it was a double meaning..." The atmosphere in the room changed dramatically from nice and warms to angry with a hint of sorrow.

"Because it is." Pausing he looked around like he was trying to find the right words to use.

"Charlie when you died..or we thought you died. I wasn't in a good place. No one was. But I-I..." He stopped and took a deep breath. His voice was thick and strained. Walking closer I placed my hand atop his while my other went to his cheek raising it a bit so that our my eyes meet his downcasted gaze. The pain and sorrow in them almost made me cry.

"Charlie I didn't want to live in a world were you weren't there. I didn't want to have to wake up every single day alone hoping that maybe you'd be there and all the bad things that happened would disappear like a bad dream. But it never did. I had to go on living in sadness for three years. No one would put me out of my misery so I tried to myself..."

"Dick." I whispered softly placing my other hand on his chin. I could practically feel the anger and sadness radiate off of him. His arms struck out snaking around my waist pulling me roughly to his chest. I felt dampness on my shoulder no doubt the tears of the angry hero.

"Thankfully they stopped me otherwise I never would have been able to see your beautiful smile or fell you in my arms." He spoke softly with his chin placed atop my head now. "But god did I hate them for it when It happened. They hid everything that could possible kill me. I still am not sure were the pills or knifes are hidden." He let out a short laugh at that.

"I'm glade they did or I wouldn't get to do this." I said looking up at him. My lips were on his quickly fingers laced in his shirt. He wouldn't be able to get away if he tried with the steel grip I had but he really wasn't trying.

Breaking away he placed his forehead on mine. His eyes were shut tightly as he held me to him.

"I love you so damn much." His voice cracked a little at the end of his sentence.

"And I love you too." I said kissing him softly. "And I'm not gunna go anywhere so you can stop holding me like I'm gunna disappear or watching me while I do everything like I'm gunna drop dead on the spot. Mostly stop worrying so much about me. I'm gunna be fine."

"But worrying about you is my job." He stated opening his eyes finally.

"No your job is to love me. Like mine is to love you."

"It's a multi tasking job." He shot back chuckling softly. I let a small laugh out nodding my head in agreement.

"But I'll try to worry a little less. But no promises on the holding and watching you thing. For one I like holding you it's calming and you just fit so perfectly." He said pulling me close into a hug to infusize the point. "And I watch you cause it's a great view." His hand wandered down to my lower back till it was on my butt. His smile was cheeky as he patted it. Smacking his hand off of me I attempted to give him a stern look. Attempted is the key word.

Stepping away I smiled at him. "See this is more like the old you. I miss the old robin who pranked people with me and made random sexual comments out of the blue." I said with a giggle. Walking back over to the fruit I had gotten out I began to gather it ready to put it away. But before I could even get a step to it I was pulled back to a warm chest. My back made contact with it's hard plain as I leaned back my head when lips made contact with my throat. Two warm hands massaged my hip bones.

"I love you." Dick stated.

"I love you too." I said back breathlessly.

We made our way back to our room and settled into bed with me wrapped up in his arms. Smiling I drifted off to sleep.

-

-

-

It was so dark...why is it so dark here... Looking around I finally found a sliver of light it shown across a string which I assumed was for a light switch. Making my way closer I pulled the string making the everything become bright. I shielded my eyes for a moment but once I opened them I wished I never did. It was my prison.

"no...NO!" I screamed running to the door. "LET ME OUT! Please! somebody!" I was a blubbering mess but I heard foot steps approach my room. Banging louder on the door I screamed for there help. The figure finally came into view.

"Hello meat. Ready for more fun?" His sickening smile made me back away I'm terror. The door to my room flew open as he entered. I tried to canary cry but it came out as a weak yell of terror. I felt my throat but there was no collar. I must have been to scared to get it out.

"No! No! Stay away from me!" I yelled my vision was blurring an my breathing was close to being considered hyperventilating.

He laughed at my fear, taking slow steps forward.

"Your going to die here. And were going to make all your little friends watch. But this time no ones coming to rescue you." He whispered evilly, morphing his hand into a giant knife. Lunging forward he went to deliver the final blow-

I jolted up in my bed Dick staring at me worry caressing his features.

"Char? Are you ok?" I looked at him my face sweaty as I was shaking like a leaf. I shock my head as tears streamed down my face.

"Dick don't let them take me back." I said crying softly into his chest.

"Never." His voice was angry and determined as he held me tightly till I was calm. I slowly drifted off due to exhaustion but not before he whispered softly. "Never again."

__________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading! Hope you liked it!

*vote*

*comment*

*charlierose*