Chapter 14

Hey guys here's the next chappy hope you like it!

__________________________________________________________________

I felt crowded with all the people in the cave and decided I needed a bit of air. Walking up to my favorite spot on the mountain I hung my feet over the edge. My thoughts drifting to anything and everything.

-flash back-
The kitchen of the cave was always the main gathering place when we all wanted to just not be alone or were just plane bored. Today Megan was trying out a new recipe for cookies, Wally Artemis and Connor were all working on homework. Kaldur and dick were playing a easy game of chess and I was curling my hair. Yes in a kitchen but hey i didn't want to be all alone doing it so I settled with using the toaster as a mirror. Megan had put a radio out and was playing music when one of my personal favorites came on. Setting the iron down I began to dancing around softly on the pads of my toes I swayed lightly to the beat. I forgot for a moment what I was doing and picked the curling iron back up but by the heated part I didn't notice at first but a scream quickly left my lips in surprise startling everyone in the room.

"ow ow ow stupid curling iron! Ahhhhhh it hurts! Your gunna die for that you evil satanic peace of crap!" I held my hand softly in the other hugging it to my chest giving the curler the stink eye.

"Uh Charlie you ok there...." Artemis asked hesitantly.

"No that stupid thingy burned my hand! On purpose too!" Robin came over and took my hand gently expecting it. Nodding his head he finally looked up.

"Yep gunna have to chop if off tweety." At this I slapped him with my good hand in the chest.

"Oh shut it wonder boy."

"Oh you wound me!" He said this putting his hands over his heart.

"I am wounded!" I said this waving my hand in the air. We playfully bickered back and forth till my hand got annoying. I let out a not so lady like grown throwing my head back.

"Make it fell not sucky!" I stuck my hand out to him.

"Oh come on princess can't take the heat." Once again earning him a slap.

"I want to hurt you right now but my hand hurts to much to so I'll stick to not talking to you so humph." I said crossing my arms and marching over to the freezer where we had a extensive amount of ice packs. Picking one I daintily placed it on my hand sighing at the numbing coldness. Turning back around I noticed that the team had all went back to what they were doing besides Kaldur who opted to reading a book once his chess partner abandoned him.

"So tweety what are you getting all pretty for?" Robin asked smirking. I blatantly ignored him brushing past to were my demon iron was. Setting aside my melting ice pack I carefully picked it up glaring sending it mean words that good lady's don't use but let's face it I'm not that much of a lady. I continued to curl my hair but this time with more caution.

"Oh so your gunna really try to ignore me? Let's see how that goes." He stated cockily. Holding back a snide remark I opted to finishing my last curl. Happy with the out come I messed with the curls styling them to perfection. Robin continued to pester me for another 5 minutes getting more and more desperate for my attention. Usually I couldn't go this long but hey I wanted to beat my record of 6 minutes and 37 seconds...yes I counted.

"Come on talk to me! I'm on my knees begging." He gestured to his current position on the floor. I acted like he wasn't even there and walked right by. "Babe I'm sorry!" He said scotching towards me on his knees.
Once he finally made it to where I was standing he also stood but tried to hug me. I swiftly maneuvered out of his arms reach slapping him with my hair leaving a pouting 16 year old behind. The others must have been watching because they laughed loudly at his face.

"God Charlie you got him whipped." Wally said threw his laughter.

"I know." I said with a bright smile.

"Oh so you'll talk to him but not me. I see how it is." Crossing his arms he stuck his lip out like a little kid.

"Hey Artemis what time is it?"

"Um it's 5:37" she stated.

"Yes new record! 7 minutes and 19 seconds!" I said doing a little victory dance.

"What do you mean?" Megan inquired.

"Well last time I tried to do the silent treatment I only lasted about 5 minutes but I broke my personal record. In your face." I said continuing my happy dance that consisted of the running man at the moment.

"So does that mean you will talk to me now?" Robin said hopefully.

"Yep."

"Can I hug you again?"

"Yep"

"Finally" he sighed out walking over and lifting me off the ground spinning me in a circle making me laugh at his antics. The rest of the team shared small smiles and light chuckles at our behavior but they were used to it.

"Wait so if that's your record what's Dicks?" Artemis asked questioningly.

"37 seconds." I stated smirking up at him. He leant down and kissed my lips.

"Well I can't keep away that long beautiful I'd miss you too much." His declaration caused the females in the room to let out involuntary "awwwws".

"You are a cheese ball you know that right?"

"And you love it."

"Yep" I said snuggling into his chest with my arms around his waist.

"Hey what are you getting ready for anyways?"

"We have a banquet to go to for Wayne Industry's. Remember? We leave in 20." I already had my makeup done and my hair obviously. All I needed to do was throw on a dress and heels.

"Oh no..."

"You forgot didn't you." I said knowingly. Sheepishly he nodded.

"I knew it." I said smugly "there's a suit that I lade out in your room. Shoes are on the floor."

"Best. Girlfriend. Ever." He said kissing my cheek and running to get ready. Shacking my head I went and got dressed myself.

-flash back ends-

I felt some one come up next to me and sat down. Looking over I saw it was NightWing.

"Penny for your thoughts."

"Just thinkin bout all the good times we used to have." I said wistfully. Putting my head on his shoulder I looked out at the ocean smiling as the sun warmed my face.

"Well there are going to be a lot more for us. Promise." He said sweetly in my ear. Smiling up at him as he leaned down and kissed my nose.

"I know and I can't wait"

__________________________________________________________________

Hey guys hope you liked it!

*vote*

*comment*

*charlierose*