Chapter 36

"She's a monster, a pest that needs to be disposed of," a harsh voice whispered making me flutter my eyes open.

A loud thud was heard outside of the hospital room on the watch tower.

"My daughter isn't any of those things," I recognized the angry voice as my father.

Sitting up from the bed I silently walked to the door that was slightly open. Pecking out i saw a man pushed up against a wall being held by his collar. He wore a doctors coat and an angry scowl.

"She is thirteen! You think she wants this...huh do you! She's just a little girl, my little girl," Bruce's voice broke at the end.

"That abomination is not you little girl. She probably liked killing all of those people, feeling there pain. Seeing there terror," tears gathered in my eyes as I listened to this man. Shaking my head I pushed the door open gathering both there attentions.

"You can judge me when you are put in my position. Have you heard of electro shock therapy," I said stepping forward.

"Yes," he snapped out.

"I'll take it you know that enough electricity can kill you, now imagine some one laying you on a medal sheet and putting it just a decimal below that....that's what they did to me. For seven hours straight." I paused trying to control my speech. "Then have random chemicals that burn like fire put in your veins. Throw in a bunch of men three times your age trying to take advantage of you." Both there faces held shock but only my fathers held the pain and sorrow. "So yes I enjoyed every minute that I got to rip them apart, but unlike some monsters I actually feel remorse. Coming down from that high, it changes everything you think in the moment. Transforms you." The doctor looked terrified as I stepped even closer. "But one thing most people lack is control," as I said this I unsheathed my newly downed claws and fangs, flashing my red eyes and let a threatening growl bubble from my throat.

He looked ready to run and flee but was trapped. Taking the final step forward I was right in his face.

"Because I don't want to be bad but I could be so good at it...so don't test my patients." I softly ran a claw across his throat.

Stepping back abruptly I walked back to my room not sparing them another glance.

.....

Slowly opening my eyes i shook my head riding the bad memory from my dreams, and thought. I looked down at my hand to admire my ring only to noticed my nails had elongated into a point. Blood covered them and the sheet as well. Sitting up straight I looked around. Blood splattered across the walls and sheets but my eyes drew to the lump in the sheets covered by them. Hesitantly I pulled them down.

"NO!" Tears gushed from my eyes as I looked down at Dick. His eyes were open covered in terror and his throat had slash marks. Choked sobs left my mouth as I looked at my shaking hands.

....

"Charlie! Wake up! Charlie!" My eyes snapped open and my breath left my mouth in pants. Hands wrapped around my arms were shaking my awake from my dream in a dream.

Looking up I saw Dick but he was alive for sure. Not waisting a second I flung my self at him nuzzling my head in his neck.

"you alive," I whispered softly. Pulling away from me softly he placed his head against mine. Soft sobs left my lips as I whispered it over and over.

"Shhh I'm here, what ever was going on in that pretty head of yours isn't real," his arms securely wrapped around me as he rocked us back and forth till my sobs had quieted.

"You know this is not how I imagined my first day of waking up with my fiancé," he said lightning the tense mood.

A soft laugh left my lips as I kissed his cheek softly.

"Thank you," I said so softly I nearly even heard my self.

"For what?" He said confused.

"For always being here when I need you, for not giving up on me even after everything that has happened over the years," moving us slightly so we were both on our sides facing each other he kissed my lips slowly.

"How could I leave, I would miss you to much," he said running his fingers over my back softly.

Excepting his answer I snuggled into his warmth as we both stayed silent.

Suddenly the door burst open causing both of us to shot up in battle ready stances but only to topple onto the floor, me on top of Dicks chest. The breath seemed to wish out of him as he laid there.

"For an acrobat and a ballerina you two are very ungraceful." Wally said with a laugh, earning him a finger from both my hands.

"Ha ha your absolutely hilarious," I said dryly. "Now why are you hear?"

"Just came to show my congratulations for the happy couple and...I may or may not have let it slip to the other girls who are waiting in the living room demanding your presence."

Groaning loudly I stood offering Dick my hand which he happily took, hoisting himself up.

"Let's just get this shit over with," I said walking out of the room pushing past Wally.

"Uh Charlie," he stated questioningly.

"What,"

"You don't have pants on," looking down I finally noticed that I must have fallen asleep in one of Dicks

t-shirts. A light blush took over my cheeks as I ran back in the room.

A pair of shorts flew at me as soon as I entered. Sending a smile in my fiancées direction I pranced back out. 'Mhh fiancée I like the sound of it.' I thought with a smug smile. He must have caught on to my train of thought because before I knew it my feet had left the ground and I was spun around and lips were on mine.

As they slowly detached I smiled, "I forgot to say good morning to my fiancée, I love how that sounds don't you," he purred in my ear making me shiver.

"Guys seriously I just got you up," Wally said slightly annoyed.

"Fine...little cock block," I muttered at the end making Dick laugh loudly.

As we walked into the large living room of the cave I noticed how destroyed it looked. Couches were tipped along with the medium sized table with people hiding behind them.

"I'm the maid of honor!" I heard Artemus yell loudly from another end of the room. An arrow flew pass me going straight at Dick but I quickly plucked it out of the air.

"Try me bitch!" A blast of energy was sent in another direction from Rocket

"Snoitcerid egnahc" yep an there's Zatanna. Suddenly all of them were lifted in the air by Megan who threw them onto a couch.

"HEY!" I yelled making them stop abruptly. There heads snapped in my direction and smiles lit there faces.

"Charlie!" I was soon tackled to the ground by four over excited heroes. Laughing I lifted all of us placing each of them on there feet.

"None of you are my maid of honor," I said quickly. There faces dropped. "I would like if all of you were in the weeding though," smiles lit there faces but they still looked confused.

"So who's it gunna be?" Artemus asked slowly.

A flash from the zeta beams interrupted me as a certain red headed archer came into view.

A slight glare was on his face as he grumpily spoke, " sadly that would be me."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Roy's the maid of honor...that's weird...

*some of the contest winners will soon be entering the young justice world in chapters to come! Are you excited cause I sure as hell am!

-comment-

-vote-

-Charlierose-