Chapter 34

Hey guys here's the update! I know
It's been forever but I'm back! This is kinda a filler chapter but it also gives you a lot of back ground on how Charlie go her special powers! Hope you like it! And get ready cause I have big things planed for her and Dick. Insert crazy laugh.

So with out further ado...the chapter!

__________________________________________________________________

-flash back-

She's gone. Again

He took her. Again.

I failed. Again.

These were the words flowing through Bruce's mind at the moment as he drove through the streets of Gothem trying to get to his little girl. Robin was currently at the cave with the rest of the team and majority or of the justice league waiting to hear news. The tip he got from the snitch he hung from the top of the building was surprisingly helpful but chilled him to the bone once he knew who held his precious bird.

Joker. The maniacal maniac was done for once he got there.

Soon they got there but it felt like it wasn't soon. Running as fast as he could, he busted down the door only to be meet by the unmistakable stench of blood.

Looking around with wide eyes he crept in slowly through the front hall that lead to a door. The walls were covered in splatters of blood and hand prints. The sight unsettled the dark night more then he wanted.
Looking around more he came across a body of a large man. He had the outfit a henchman of the joker usually wore on him but it was scratched and bloody. His neck looked torn to shreds and his face was barely recognizable. What ever did this was not human.

Going deeper down the hall they found two more body's just like the one before. He came up to the door that separated him from the truth of what his little partner in crimes fate was. Hopefully God had blessed them a bit and let her be ok.

Not waisting anytime Batman kicked the door down reviling a gory sight. Scattered throughout the room were body parts of humans looking to be ripped from there persons. Blood painted the normally white walls giving it a shocking contrast. What caught his attention next was a man in a familiar purple and green suit with a look of pure terror on his face curled in a corner. He seemed to notice the presence soon after batman came in because his fearful gaze switched to him.

"I thought I could control it. I thought it would work." He kept saying that over and over rocking back and forth.

"What did you do." Batmans grave voice barley seemed to faze him as he picked him up by the collar of his tattered suit. The mad man simply lifter his hand pointing to a corner of the room. Dropping him he turned.

In the opposite corner of the room pushed up against the wall was his little girl. Her face was caked with blood along with her hair. Her hands covered with the sticky substance with most of her body as well. She was holding her self crying softly.

"Tweety.." He breathed out but she seemed to hear as her head snapped up.

"D-Daddy," her voice was shaky and horse as she snapped her head up.

Taking a step towards her she seemed to flinch back.

"NO! no..don't come any closer! Your gunna get hurt," she said holding up her hands trying to shield herself.

"Tweety it's ok nothing's going to hurt me. What ever did this is gone now." The dark night tried desperately to reason with her but failing miserable. Shaking more she looked at him with pained eyes.

"That's the thing." She said looking down for a moment till she finally lifted her head. Her normally blue eyes changed to a shocking red. "I did this..." The words were almost unbelievable to him. How could his sweet little girl do this. She wasn't harmless he knew that but she wasn't capable of such things...at lest he thought.

Her crying started up again and his heart broke at the sight of her so torn. Running forward he scooped her up in his arms softly. She refused for a moment but settled after a moment of struggling. Caring her to the Batmobile he softly placed her in the seat next to his wrapping his cape tightly around her small body. Jumping in himself he speed off to the nearest zeta tube flying into it at mock speeds. Spinning into mount justice he dismounted his vehicle carrying his daughter in his cape.

As soon as the crowd of heroes noticed his arrival he was almost swarmed.

"Batman! Did you get her! Is she ok!" Questions were fired off right and left but were stopped with a glare from said bat. Walking deeper into the cave he sat onto one of the chairs the young girl still in his lap.

"Daddy...I'm sorry.." Tweety lightly sobbed out into his chest. Stroking her back softly he pulled her even closer.

"It's not your fault." He murmured completely aware of the large crowd that was listing to there every word.

"Yes it is," she chocked the words out with a cry. Shushing her softly and whispering words of reassurance he waited till she was ready to talk. After about 20 minutes of straight crying she seemed to calm a fraction. Pulling away slightly he pushed back her blood stained hair to look in her eyes.

"What did they do to you my little bird," he said it so softly only the best listeners would hear.

"H-he tested something on me. Some m-medican. He said I would be his personal weapon. A killing machine." She said with so much hate in her voice some of the group listening flinched back a bit. "But he - I lost control." She stopped her chin shaking hard along with her voice. "I killed them. All of them." She let out a sob filled with pain. The large crowd all held shocked faces as they hear the words tumble from her mouth.

"Daddy....please just kill me," her voice held so much pain and self hatred he almost cried himself. "Please just kill me," grabbing her shoulders he shock her. An angry look on his face.

"No. This is not your fault. They did this to you. They are dead now because they deserve it. Your going to be ok."

"But what if I loss control and I hurt someone," she finally looked her age rather then a hard battle groomed warrior that she normally was. She looked vulnerable and was begging for comfort from her father.

"You won't. We will find an antidote. And if we can't we will train you." His voice held so much truth and determination that a tiny sliver of hope filled her heart.

"Were going to fix this tweety."

Nodding she wiped her tears with the end of his cape.

-the next day-

Everyone had gone back to there homes last night to process the information that they had heard but promised to return the next to help with Tweety. She herself stayed at the cave in the med bay having test run on her throughout the night and through this morning. She slept through most of it waking only when nightmares struck her. And strike her they did. Screams could be heard echoing through the hall ways of the cave as Batman franticly tried to wake her along with robin.

Once morning came more showed up to hear what the results of the tests had to offer.

At the moment Charlie sat on one of the couches in the large living room of the cave curled up in a blanket staring of at nothing. Any loud noise would make her flinch and it seemed that the lights were brighter then usual.

Bruce made his was through the room with the test results in hand ready to break the news to the group. Clearing his throat to get all there attention he began.

"What ever joker did is impossible to change but we can try some treatments if-" he was cut off by Charlie standing quickly dropping the cup of water she was holding making it shatter on the floor.

Her eyes were flickering from red to blue as she franticly looked around the room. Many stepped back in fear as she did this.

"No! No more treatments!" She suddenly dropped to the floor holding her head rocking back in forth. "Please! No more! PLEASE!" She kept up the screams as Robin bolted to her side.

"Tweety!" He collapsed on the ground next to her lopping his arms around her. "Shh it's alright. No ones going to hurt you...I got ya..it's going to be ok." He rocked them back and forth calmingly. Looking up at Bruce with worried eyes he shock his head.

Once she was fully calm and understood no one wanted to do any treatments on her anymore she sat back on the chair.

"Tweety I know this is a lot to ask but I need to know what he did to you," Batman asked quietly spiking everyone's interest in the conversation making them tune in.

Nodding softly she swallowed audible as she began her gruesome tale.

"When he kidnapped me he chained me up in a dark room and put this gas in there. I think it was a down graded version of joker toxin because it had similar effects but it didn't kill me." She stopped a moment to catch her breath as she was almost crying again. "The next day he started t-treatments as he called it." She closed her eyes letting a small tear slide down her face.
"It hurt so bad, ever needle burned like fire. It made me feel like I was dieing from the inside out. He then would strap me to this table." She shuddered softly as she continued. "It would electrocute me. Oh god I wished I was dead it hurt so much." She whimpered out holding herself. Everyone in the room hung there head as they watched the youngest of the bunch here slowly unravel and fall apart. She was so young and strong to endear even this much. "God I-I didn't know it would do this. None of them did....it was supposed to rewire my brain to make me his little soldier but it did this to me!" She yelled looking up her eyes as red as blood her nails had turned to claws and sharp fangs protruded from her mouth. Gasp were echoed through the room as they all backed away.

Looking down at her hands she closed her eyes and took a few heavy breaths. Slowly she lost the fangs and claws turning back to normal. Once her eyes were open they came back to their beautiful blue.

"I didn't know how to control it..but somewhere something in the back of my brain wanted me to kill them. It felt good. But at the same time I hated it. I lost control and I wanted it back." She sounded so disappointed in herself.

"This isn't your fault, it's jokers." Her face changed the second those words left Bruce's lips and the look almost scared him.

"Your right." She said quietly. Looking up her eyes were red again. "It's his fault and he needs to pay. He needs to die." Her voice was scary but her words were worse.

"Tweety no we can't go around and just kill him."

"WHY NOT!" She screamed she growled after she spoke shocking them at how animalistic it was. "He deserves to die. To be ripped to shreds. I want to tear his throat out. I want to pull him limb from limb."

"Tweety!" The call of her name brought her out of her murderous state for a moment.

"You can't stoop to his level! Your better then him. Prove it. Show him your stronger and your gunna live through this. That your going to grow from this." Robin said taking steps towards her till he stood directly in front of her. She seemed to be having an inner battle with herself as she thought about what to do. Her eyes were flickering from blue to red but finally settled showing her answer.

Blue.

From then on she trained to control it finding out that the curse the originally thought she had was actually a gift.

__________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading! Hope you liked it!

*vote*

*comment*

*charlierose*