LTBB 2: Chapter Twenty

Start from the beginning

"Sir, it's time to go now. Visiting hours are done." Another one said, I attempted to open my eyelids but they were weak. Very weak.

"But please Doctor Kale, just for a little longer - "

Doctor? Am I at a hospital?

The doctor cut the man off, "I'm sorry, but rules are rules."

The mystery man sighed, I heard his footsteps walking back towards me, "I'll be back tomorrow." His hand touched my forehead, pushing my hair out of my face.

Who was he? I could not make clear. But whoever he was, I'm just glad as hell that he was there when I needed someone.

***

The next morning, I was thankful I made it out alive - even though is opened my eyes with a massive headache pounding sore. My visuals were dizzy and my body was still weak.

"Ah, Ms Dawns. Correct?" A man in a white scrub asked, he stood beside the hospital bed.

"Who are you? Where am I?" I questioned not even bothering to answer his greet.

"My apologies, I'm Dr. Kale from Florida Medical Emergency Hospital. You were rushed in last night around seven. The young man who brought you in said that you scratched yourself by accident by broken glass during your first day at work - don't worry, we all have had bad experiences on our first days." He explained, "However, you managed to loose a lot of blood causing you to pass out, and now you're here."

I looked at him puzzled, "Scratched myself with broken glass?"

Dr. Kale nodded, "That's what your rescuer said... unless, he made it up."

"Oh no. That was true, I did scratch myself with broken glass. Sorry, my mind is a bit fuzzy at the moment." If I told him the truth that someone tried to shoot me, it would cause a huge fuss and drama. Besides, I don't even know who to trust anymore.

He laughed clutching his clipboard in his hand, "No worries, Ms Dawns. But I'll need to have a look at your arm later on to see if it's going to be okay."

"My arm?" What happened to my arm?

Gradually looking down beside me, I find it bandaged and wrapped around with material. Some blood showing through.

Oh my God. I've been shot by Dean. Or in this case, 'scratched by broken glass'.

The side of my arm was still bleeding from the night before, not so much but it still was.

"It would not be too much of a problem since the glass barely dug into your body, but it did cut rather deep." The doctor spoke examining my upper arm, I flicked my eyes up at him.

"How deep?"

"It went into your skin by almost 4inches. That's how the blood rapidly flowed out of your system causing your body to shut down," Kale spoke, I nodded in understanding.

At least the 'glass' didn't fully cut through me.

"Who was the man that rushed me here, Dr Kale?" I asked, he looked at me.

"I forgot his name, he said last night that he would visit back." He looked down at his clipboard and flicked over the pages, "You're lucky that he was there, Ms Dawns. If he wasn't, you'd loose awfully more blood in you than ever before since it was a terribly large cut."

"Oh believe me Doc, I sure am thankful." Especially to the person who saved me.

A few moments later when the doctor had left my hospital room, the only thought that occurred to me were: Who was the person that saved me? Furthermore, Dean. Dean is that one male who has triggered deep and fearful thoughts in my imagination that causes slight anxiety inside my brain. He was evil, potentially dangerous and beyond dominant in all things he could do.